Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:13 pm
rlucas wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:16 pm
Whalehead King wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:02 pm
The third sip is the charm:

VaPers and burley-forward blends, pair well with Moxie, but Moxie really enhances perique-heavy and some latakia blends that have, well, more moxie in them.

I find that Moxie compliments cherry aros, maple-forward aros, Carter Hall, and, of all things, M79. You wouldn't;t think it, would you, while M79 is a totally burley blend, it's top note, like a Lakeland blend, is a total powder puff of sachet fragrance which shouldn't pair well with Moxie, The reason Lakelands don't pair well with Moxie is because the gentian violet flavor in Moxie gives off too much violet room note, so there is no respite when smoking a Lakeland--- yet, , in the case of M79, the burley and violet cancel each other out in through some proprietary balanced confluence, When a pipe of M79 is sipped along with a can of ice-cold Moxie, Mmmmm-Mmmmm good.

Mixture 79 was Hugh Hefner's smoke of choice for decades. The Playboy Mansion was full of moxie.

Moxie is a difficult beverage to love until you get used to it. M79 in a brylon pipe with a can of Moxie-----man, that's heaven.
Is there a website where I can order some of this magical elixir?
They sell Moxie at the Cracker Barrel here. $1.49 for a 12 ounce bottle. That's a lot of moxie.

We need a Cracker Barrel thread with a poll. Maybe.
The only time I go to Cracker Barrel is to use the men's room off the highway (they are always clean!) and to buy ten sticks of candy---a whole dollar's worth. I mix up the flavors: bubble gum, tutti fruiti, strawberry, root beer, lemon-lime, peaches & cream, watermelon, sour apple, pineapple, horehound... you know the kind.

I always leave the men's room as clean as I found it. I always leave Cracker Barrel ten candy sticks lighter than it was before I walked in. I am ten sticks heavier than when I walked in. The candy sticks are all chewed up within an hour on the road after my visit to Cracker Barrel. I've probably stopped at a Cracker Barrel twenty times in my life, if that. I have eaten sit-down meals there twice. I love the candy selection but I always gravitate to the multiple jars of flavored candy sticks. I love those. I've never paired one with a pipe. I'm too busy crunching! I eat candy canes the same way during Christmastime. I would gobble up multiple candy canes, too, but I don't like peppermint.
avid

mox·​ie | \ ˈmäk-sē \
Definition of moxie
1: ENERGY, PEP
woke up full of moxie
2: COURAGE, DETERMINATION
it takes … moxie to pull up roots and go to a land where the culture and probably the language are totally foreign
— M. J. McClary
3: KNOW-HOW
was impressed with his musical moxie and hired him as a solo
insufferable filter guy
rlucas

Kevin Keith wrote:
rlucas wrote:
Whalehead King wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:02 pm
The third sip is the charm:

VaPers and burley-forward blends, pair well with Moxie, but Moxie really enhances perique-heavy and some latakia blends that have, well, more moxie in them.

I find that Moxie compliments cherry aros, maple-forward aros, Carter Hall, and, of all things, M79. You wouldn't;t think it, would you, while M79 is a totally burley blend, it's top note, like a Lakeland blend, is a total powder puff of sachet fragrance which shouldn't pair well with Moxie, The reason Lakelands don't pair well with Moxie is because the gentian violet flavor in Moxie gives off too much violet room note, so there is no respite when smoking a Lakeland--- yet, , in the case of M79, the burley and violet cancel each other out in through some proprietary balanced confluence, When a pipe of M79 is sipped along with a can of ice-cold Moxie, Mmmmm-Mmmmm good.

Mixture 79 was Hugh Hefner's smoke of choice for decades. The Playboy Mansion was full of moxie.

Moxie is a difficult beverage to love until you get used to it. M79 in a brylon pipe with a can of Moxie-----man, that's heaven.
They sell Moxie at the Cracker Barrel here. $1.49 for a 12 ounce bottle. That's a lot of moxie.

We typically only eat Cracker Barrell when we travel and then only for breakfast. We have one that is local, I'll have to call or stop in and see if they carry any Moxie.
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

rlucas wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:47 pm
Kevin Keith wrote:
rlucas wrote:

We typically only eat Cracker Barrell when we travel and then only for breakfast. We have one that is local, I'll have to call or stop in and see if they carry any Moxie.
May your hunt be successful, brother.