SG Grousemoor....Thumbs Up or Down?

Loosecut

Just started smoking this blend a few days ago. Very odd blend. Not sure what to make of it, yet. Will it mellow out in the mason jar, after a while?

I can't compare this to anything else I've smoked before. Trying it out in different pipes to see what works best.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I thought it was good and I have no regrets. It had a good flavor but was a little mild to maintain my interest for long.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I'm with Tom, it's good but lacking nicotine. For my taste. The plug is better, little more depth but I prefer Cannon plug to it.
Loosecut

Yesterday, I tried smoking some Grousemoor, transferred over to a mason jar since opening the tin. I was surprised when I could not keep it lit. The blend did not feel wet in my hands, but it was certainly too wet to smoke.

Today, I let some dry out (couple hours or so) before smoking, which worked.

I agree that the nic hit on this blend is very low. Nic levels are the same as most ordinary OTC blends...basically zero nicotine.

Still, a tasty smoke, and I will get through the tin eventually as a "change of pace" smoke. At this point, I don't see any need to buy any more Grousemoor. I cant say I'm an SG expert, but I like smoking 1792, so I am quite surprised to find an SG blend with such little amounts of nicotine. I thought all SG blends would be stronger than average in the nic department, but this blend shows that I was wrong about the SG brand.
avid

weird flavor, but nice, tin note is insane, if i recall it aint cheap, either
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

avid wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:50 pm weird flavor, but nice, tin note is insane, if i recall it aint cheap, either
A guy who smoked a lot could start spending some serious money if he only smoked Grousemoor - just saying.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
avid

Fr_Tom wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:13 pm
avid wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:50 pm weird flavor, but nice, tin note is insane, if i recall it aint cheap, either
A guy who smoked a lot could start spending some serious money if he only smoked Grousemoor - just saying.
no doubt
insufferable filter guy
Bamarick

I bought an Estate Pipe from one of our members & he was kind enough to include a sample of Grousemoor which was probably enough for 4 or 5 bowls. With the first bowl smoked I was ready to toss it or maybe send it on to someone else, but I did keep it. The next bowl or 2 weren't so bad and then finally the last bowl I smoked had me wishing I had more. Maybe it's an acquired taste, or maybe the pipe I smoked it in had a ghost affecting the taste. If I could afford to smoke it often I think I would dedicate one or two pipes to smoking it & nothing else.

I vote thumbs up.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I smoke Grousemoor regularly and I love it, either fresh out of the tin or with some hang time. 👍 I'm a big fan of anything floral.
The Troll Whisperer
Loosecut

I got some Grousemoor drying out right now, next to a bit of Erinmore Flake. The Erinmore Flake is also a new blend I've been smoking. I'm not thrilled about the Erinmore Flake, but I really like the Erinmore Mixture.

A thing about Erinmore Flake is that it is bland (at least in my pipes), but is strong in the nic department. I am going to mix some Erinmore Flake w/ the Gousemoor to see if I can bring up the nic levels a bit.

I'm calling it "Erinmoor" ....pretty clever, eh?

I'll try it out a bit later.