Person of Interest

tambolaka
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Mikeb717

The highest I enjoy is Picayune
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

The last tobacco that I almost felt the nicotine in was GH happy brown bogie. No real rush, just a little tingle
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
avid

after hiatus, every blend i have will spin my head...
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:42 pm GH Rope. So amazingly meaty and good.. but I could feel my throat tighten up in a niccup every single puff the first time I smoked it.
Rum twist was my everyday work smoke... 👍 gonna start buying more once the hobbyists have their fill.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Old Toby wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:06 pm Royal Yacht knocks me on my ass like a half a bottle of tequila. No other blend will do that to me. I'm a pretty high-tolerance kind of guy. I can smoke ten cigars in a row and not feel a thing. For some reason, the Yacht always sails to the island of Nicotina.
It's really weird.. I've heard this a number of times, but it didn't seem all that strong to me. This is probably due to nicotine absorption being highly influenced by mouth pH vs smoke pH. Turns out that the more alkaline the environment, the more nicotine from tobacco is absorbed - this is why they add alkalizers to snuff and snus, to increase the nicotine availability. So if you are a person that has a rather acidic mouth, or you tend to always drink acidic beverages(like strong coffee or sodas) with your pipe, you may actually be inadvertently decreasing the available nicotine. There are probably other variables, but this somewhat explains why person to person, nicotine content is so subjective.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Five Brothers. Ç&D Cube Cut Burley.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

avid wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 am after hiatus, every blend i have will spin my head...
I'm reading this thread to see which blends I should avoid.
ever forward
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

arturo7 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:44 pm
avid wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 am after hiatus, every blend i have will spin my head...
I'm reading this thread to see which blends I should avoid.
I'll add some more, since I am also a bit of a lightweight, despite my best efforts to build a tolerance. I really like full bodied rich tobacco, but most of those blends are too strong for me to smoke..
Peterson's 3Ps
Jackknife Plug
Actually.. I have to be careful with most plug or rope tobaccos.
Most of the GH Flakes - Ennerdale, Grasmere, assorted Brown Flakes, Dark flakes.. at the end of the bowl I can start to hit the edge of my limit where I start feeling a little sweaty and dizzy.
GH Dark Birdseye.
Nightcap sometimes can hit me pretty hard depending on how recently I've eaten.
Peterson's Irish Flake whooped me.
Pretty much anything with a high percentage of Perique in the mix is enough to make me cautious too.

I generally avoid all these because most of my smoking enjoyment comes from mindless puffing, and having to worry about overdoing it kinda kills that for me.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:26 pm
houtenziel wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:42 pm GH Rope. So amazingly meaty and good.. but I could feel my throat tighten up in a niccup every single puff the first time I smoked it.
Rum twist was my everyday work smoke... 👍 gonna start buying more once the hobbyists have their fill.
Rum twist & sweet maple twist are the two I still want to get my paws on. The sweet whiskey twist cut real thin has become a favorite for me
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin