Benchmark Burleys

sisyphus
Person of Interest

i got several tins but haven't cracked one yet
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Rusticated

sisyphus wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 pm You can't go wrong with any I mentioned. SWR, Prince Albert, C&D Pegasus, 4noggins Moe's Confetti, Amphora Original, ALL good places to start.
Back in the 80's when I was smoking cigs, I burned up many a can rolling my own out of PA...loved that stuff. I might have to pick up a can and relight the memories!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Rusticated wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:43 pm
sisyphus wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 pm You can't go wrong with any I mentioned. SWR, Prince Albert, C&D Pegasus, 4noggins Moe's Confetti, Amphora Original, ALL good places to start.
Back in the 80's when I was smoking cigs, I burned up many a can rolling my own out of PA...loved that stuff. I might have to pick up a can and relight the memories!
It's still one of the best.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I have been going back and forth on whether I like PA or CH better. Today I kinda realized that they are different sides of the same coin, so I don't really need to choose.. I should probably buy a tub of both. Bonus that I can still get PA at Walmart in my area though..
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Great thread! I probably shouldn't have started reading it, because now I've got the itch to order stuff. LOTS o' stuff! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Legion

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:16 pm Great thread! I probably shouldn't have started reading it, because now I've got the itch to order stuff. LOTS o' stuff! :D
And that's a bad thing? Lol.

Tobacco keeps for a very long time if stored properly. Stock up on what you can afford when you can. One just never knows ..........

I'm not a prepper but I do have a prepper mentality.
Tobacco will certainly be excellent currency for trading in bad times.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

houtenziel wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:03 pm I have been going back and forth on whether I like PA or CH better. Today I kinda realized that they are different sides of the same coin, so I don't really need to choose.. I should probably buy a tub of both. Bonus that I can still get PA at Walmart in my area though..
they're even better mixed together!
Try one box of PA, one box of CH, and one 3.5 oz can of Walgreens Blender's Gold Golden Burley. Dry that Walgreens out first then mix and enjoy. Codger perfection.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

sisyphus wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:08 am
they're even better mixed together!
Try one box of PA, one box of CH, and one 3.5 oz can of Walgreens Blender's Gold Golden Burley. Dry that Walgreens out first then mix and enjoy. Codger perfection.
Isn't that the basic recipe for Moe's Confetti? I have had that and thought it was very good.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
sisyphus
Person of Interest

it sure is, delicious
unregistered1

Mac Baren Symphony is a good Burley based smoke. Then, there's Old Dark Fired which quickly became a classic. My favorite does remain Wessex Burley Slice and, in the OTC department, I have only had SWR which I have liked a lot. I do have tubs of Velvet and Lane Ready-Rubbed that I have not yet opened.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa