Your Blend Recipes

User avatar
sisyphus
Site Admin
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am
Location: Red Oak, IA

Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 pm

Faux Confetti
50% Walgreens Blender's Gold Golden Burley
25% Carter Hall
25% Prince Albert

if this isn't exactly what Moe's Confetti is, I'd be surprised.
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 4):
RuffinogoldBilly JoeThelonious monkfishMikeDennison
User avatar
Wildcat
Active Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:14 am
Location: Hudson Falls NY

Tue May 01, 2018 9:37 pm

50/50 blend (or thereabouts) of Erinmore Mixture and Black Cavendish. To die for!
This post by Wildcat liked by (total 3):
RuffinogoldBilly JoeThelonious monkfish
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Wed May 09, 2018 4:57 pm

I don't have a scale, so ...

2cups irc buttered rum
1/2 cup CAO Cherrybomb
1/4 cup SWR

Ive tried other combos using a different buttered rum or cherry but this one is by far the best

It's not too too cherry and the buttered rum is obviously the up front deal . It burns cool and even ... the flavor and aroma are exceptional . A nice American Styled cavendish aro( mostly all black )

Thing is , buying the components is a little pricey ... irc ain't cheap
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Billy JoeThelonious monkfishWildcat
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Billy Joe
Active Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:45 am

Wed May 09, 2018 7:18 pm

70% Carter Hall, 30% Lane's BCA.

Burley richness, with a hint of sweet vanilla. Easy to get and affordable.

I like reading about these. Keep em coming.

This is my campfire blend.
This post by Billy Joe liked by (total 4):
Thelonious monkfishWildcatRuffinogoldMikeDennison
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Wed May 09, 2018 7:35 pm

OJK and SWRA - more or less equal amounts by volume.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 4):
Billy JoeThelonious monkfishWildcatMikeDennison
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Wed May 09, 2018 7:45 pm

sisyphus wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 pm
Faux Confetti
50% Walgreens Blender's Gold Golden Burley
25% Carter Hall
25% Prince Albert

if this isn't exactly what Moe's Confetti is, I'd be surprised.
I do something similar but substitute SWRA for the Walgreens Burley.

Prince Albert and Cult Blood Red Moon is great, way better than anything labelled as Prince Albert soft cherry vanilla whatever, I would mix a tub if I had enough of both

Roughly equal mix of slightly more Ennerdale than Dark Air Cured hits a lot of notes for me

Lane BLW/OB and Perique, I mix it almost equal amounts but others might prefer less Perique. Tastes/smells like chocolate, one note all the way down

Peterson PP and OGS or Newminstsr 400 is good too, lots of bass with honey sweet high notes

1:1 of 1792 Flake and SWRA also tastes good to me

I mix and match a lot, usually because I'm burning up leftovers but some are tasty enough I come back to.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 4):
sisyphusWildcatBilly Joewhitebriar
User avatar
Wooda
Founding Member
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 am
Location: Burlington, VT

Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 pm

1:1 haunted bookshop and blood red moon.

I haven't been adventurous to try anything else.

Thinking about putting Latakia Flake together with Virginia red tips but I haven't got the leaf yet
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1147
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:37 pm
50/50 blend (or thereabouts) of Erinmore Mixture and Black Cavendish. To die for!
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back in my shop days I made a " blend " with Lane bulks and a tin of Erinmore Mixture ... it was the Erinmore mixture that set it off ! I would guess any black Cavendish you like with some Erinmore mixture at whatever amount would suit you , would kick ass
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
Wildcat
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
Wildcat
Active Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:14 am
Location: Hudson Falls NY

Thu May 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm
Wildcat wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:37 pm
50/50 blend (or thereabouts) of Erinmore Mixture and Black Cavendish. To die for!
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back in my shop days I made a " blend " with Lane bulks and a tin of Erinmore Mixture ... it was the Erinmore mixture that set it off ! I would guess any black Cavendish you like with some Erinmore mixture at whatever amount would suit you , would kick ass
I wonder how SP Vanilla BC and EM would be? Hmmmmm...
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Fri May 11, 2018 12:58 am

Wildcat wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:15 pm
Ruffinogold wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:58 pm
Wildcat wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:37 pm
50/50 blend (or thereabouts) of Erinmore Mixture and Black Cavendish. To die for!
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Back in my shop days I made a " blend " with Lane bulks and a tin of Erinmore Mixture ... it was the Erinmore mixture that set it off ! I would guess any black Cavendish you like with some Erinmore mixture at whatever amount would suit you , would kick ass
I wonder how SP Vanilla BC and EM would be? Hmmmmm...
You guys are lucky, I wish Cavendish tasted good to me. Smells nice enough but always hits the tongue with a dank musty profile. Not many blends I've had with Cavendish in them that were enjoyable and even fewer Cavendish based ones.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by:
Wildcat
Post Reply