Your Blend Recipes

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:16 pm Here's one I did by smell , lol .... I'll let you know if its any goid after dinner
I need to figure this in weight instead of cups and tablespoons ..lol . its really damn good and I want to make a nice size batch . I came up with a bs name for it but it deserves a real name
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

ozark wizard wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:18 am I've got a couple.
This has to be the understatement of the year. From what I've read, you have recipes that are without rival.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ozark wizard wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:18 am I've got a couple. Anything in particular?
Nope … just pop them up
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Bamarick

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:27 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:16 pm Here's one I did by smell , lol .... I'll let you know if its any goid after dinner
. I came up with a bs name for it but it deserves a real name
What did you name it? I'm calling my batch "Ruff's Gold". It is, indeed, good!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Try Cob

Christine's Choice Lady's Mix

1-Q alone bit her, and she has little/no tolerance for that, though she loves the stuff. Went back to the very mild Cheyenne Gold. So I simply used the CG as a base.

50% CG, 25% 1-Q, 25% SV Vanilla.

She loves it, and had me mix up more. No bite, A very mild, pleasantly aromatic smoke that I guess I'm girly-boyish enough to like, as well, when I sampled it.

She says "You guys on PSF need a Lady's blend - and to stop smoking stuff that smells like dirty socks."

Women. Can't smoke with 'em, can't smoke without 'em.
Forget the past for it no more holds sway;
forget the future once you thought so bright
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Looking at mixing up some more Houtencake here shortly, if I can find the component tobaccos. What the heck happened to Lane Virginia, and White Burley? Can't find Lane's blending stuff anywhere.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Houtenziel wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:17 pm Looking at mixing up some more Houtencake here shortly, if I can find the component tobaccos. What the heck happened to Lane Virginia, and White Burley? Can't find Lane's blending stuff anywhere.
Well shoot.. it looks like Lane discontinued the Virginia I used.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
fingall
Member in Good Standing

simplepipes wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm The older I get the less complicated I want things . . .

I have been smoking this mix for a few months and really enjoy it. I mixed 5 pounds over the Holidays which includes 2 pounds each Smokers Pride Mellow Taste and Sutliff 515 RC - 1 and 1 pound Mac Baren Virginia #1. That would be 40 / 40 / 20 respective percentages. Needs to marry now for some time.

I appreciate the components being readily available and cost friendly. Not creative enough to name it and have just been referring to it as SPMT Mix.

-sp
I could have sworn I saw you post a recipe for St Bruno and SWRA but I can't find it. Would you direct me to where it's posted? Thanks
simplepipes
Codger in Training

fingall wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:27 pm
simplepipes wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm The older I get the less complicated I want things . . .

I have been smoking this mix for a few months and really enjoy it. I mixed 5 pounds over the Holidays which includes 2 pounds each Smokers Pride Mellow Taste and Sutliff 515 RC - 1 and 1 pound Mac Baren Virginia #1. That would be 40 / 40 / 20 respective percentages. Needs to marry now for some time.

I appreciate the components being readily available and cost friendly. Not creative enough to name it and have just been referring to it as SPMT Mix.

-sp
I could have sworn I saw you post a recipe for St Bruno and SWRA but I can't find it. Would you direct me to where it's posted? Thanks
I pouch St. Bruno RR laid out on a plate . . . Microwave for 30 seconds . . . Let cool and top dress with SWRA . . . Microwave for 30 seconds. Jar / tin for a few days to marry. I would estimate the SWRA to be 20 - 25% of the total mixture.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

simplepipes wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:00 pm
fingall wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:27 pm

-sp
I pouch St. Bruno RR laid out on a plate . . . Microwave for 30 seconds . . . Let cool and top dress with SWRA . . . Microwave for 30 seconds. Jar / tin for a few days to marry. I would estimate the SWRA to be 20 - 25% of the total mixture.

-sp
Is the microwave to sort of turbo-stove it? Or are you heating so the toppings marry?
― Theodore Roosevelt