Mold or something else?

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:57 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:28 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:07 pm

That's wise. Until you get the know-how to diagnosis it on site (on sight), don't trust a jury of virtual pals who are judging by a picture on the internet. I'm not saying that anyone here is going to prank you into smoking moldy tobacco. I'm not saying that that the members of this overstuffed clown car of a forum don't know what they are talking about when it comes to tobacco -----their collected wisdom is more than I've ever been able to forget. I'm just saying that you are wise to be judicious and use first-hand observational experimentation when you encounter something out of the ordinary in Finland vs. in wherever we live.

I'm pretty confident that my tobacco in Louisiana, USA, is more susceptible to mold and leaf weevils than you are in Finland.

Keep us informed about what happens to this tin. You would think the whiskey would kill any germs.

I'm betting bloom, too, but I don't know what things smell like in Finland. Maybe everything in Finland smells like [mention]Bruyere_Royale[/mention] 's basement. That's still better than Uzbekistan ----- No offense intended to our Uzbeki PSF members. Yours is a beautiful country, too. The closest I've gotten to Helsinki is Hamburg, in Germany. So, not that close. I always tell people that Finland is the tango capital of the world after Argentina. I read that once, years ago. I assume it's still true.

I expect it is still cold and dark in Finland this time of year. I live in a different world. It's nice that we have pipe smoking in common. Pipes make the world a more hospital place, especially when we can talk with each other about little details like this. God bless PSF, every one of us.
You know exactly what I mean about the basements! :lol:
That kitchen sponge that's been sittin' and or that mothball-y thrift store smell.
Basement. Kitchen. Thrift store. There's a new product designed to deal with that very same smell you're talking about. Maybe it hasn't reached the Pine Barrens yet:

:lol: You know, that 70's smell.
The Troll Whisperer
janim1

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:11 pm Looks like ploom. Does it smell like a basement? If so than it's mold.
Smells like toffee, for now.
janim1

Whalehead King wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:07 pm
janim1 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:21 am
Middle Earth wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:06 am One way to diagnose
Mold is 3-D
Like Father Tom said fuzzy
Tobacco oils, wrongly called "sugar" are not 3-D
They do not stick-up from the surface
.... Just to be sure im leaving it un-touched for a couple weeks and see if it spreads.
That's wise. Until you get the know-how to diagnosis it on site (on sight), don't trust a jury of virtual pals who are judging by a picture on the internet. I'm not saying that anyone here is going to prank you into smoking moldy tobacco. I'm not saying that that the members of this overstuffed clown car of a forum don't know what they are talking about when it comes to tobacco -----their collected wisdom is more than I've ever been able to forget. I'm just saying that you are wise to be judicious and use first-hand observational experimentation when you encounter something out of the ordinary in Finland vs. in wherever we live.

I'm pretty confident that my tobacco in Louisiana, USA, is more susceptible to mold and leaf weevils than you are in Finland.

Keep us informed about what happens to this tin. You would think the whiskey would kill any germs.

I'm betting bloom, too, but I don't know what things smell like in Finland. Maybe everything in Finland smells like [mention]Bruyere_Royale[/mention] 's basement. That's still better than Uzbekistan ----- No offense intended to our Uzbeki PSF members. Yours is a beautiful country, too. The closest I've gotten to Helsinki is Hamburg, in Germany. So, not that close. I always tell people that Finland is the tango capital of the world after Argentina. I read that once, years ago. I assume it's still true.

I expect it is still cold and dark in Finland this time of year. I live in a different world. It's nice that we have pipe smoking in common. Pipes make the world a more hospital place, especially when we can talk with each other about little details like this. God bless PSF, every one of us.
I have plug tobacco where the sugar/oil whatever, has come to surface, there i can tell that it isn't mold or anything bad, but because this is ribbon cut it looks so obscure(for now, being almost 100% its isn't mold, but never a bad idea to be safe.) Its not end of the world if this turns out to be mold, I can always buy more. And you never know if someone happens to be somesort of fungi expert here :lol:
Tsal
Forum Decorum

janim1 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:36 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:11 pm Looks like ploom. Does it smell like a basement? If so than it's mold.
Smells like toffee, for now.
That's definitely ploom. I say smoke it up and enjoy it. Mold is fuzzy and would wipe off easily.
The Troll Whisperer
janim1

Okay, it is like you guys said, its just the sugar/oil that has surfaced, as my 3p's blend has it on larger scale, I cutted few pieces from the plug and compared irish whiskey next to it, and its a match. (probably should have done that first)