Tobaccalypse Now

Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

I've got enough to carry me thru to the end of my days, but Fr Tom makes a good point concerning pipe accessories.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I have more matches than Carter has little liver pills.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Bamarick

I smoke two bowls a day so my 3 pounds or so will last quite a while.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bamarick wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:38 am I smoke two bowls a day so my 3 pounds or so will last quite a while.
I figure "about" 150 bowls or so per pound. If my math is right, you have 7 or 8 months of smoking there. That is looking good to me.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am
Bamarick wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:38 am I smoke two bowls a day so my 3 pounds or so will last quite a while.
I figure "about" 150 bowls or so per pound. If my math is right, you have 7 or 8 months of smoking there. That is looking good to me.
Thank you for doing the math for me! It looks like I should more before I run out :D
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:31 am There is more than just tobacco you would need. Pipe cleaners and fuel/flints are some things to have on the list as well.
You don't just flick the water out of your pipe and set it down for a few days when you're done? I thought that was the point of owning a ton of pipes?
avid

not a lot, but don't know the cumulative weight, would be quite a chore emptying all the little jars on the scale and then stuffing back again

and some i wouldn't bother stuffing back into the jar... :|
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bro Uhaha wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:35 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:31 am There is more than just tobacco you would need. Pipe cleaners and fuel/flints are some things to have on the list as well.
You don't just flick the water out of your pipe and set it down for a few days when you're done? I thought that was the point of owning a ton of pipes?
My father used to flick it out, but he did not set them down for a few days.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

I've got a couple of tins. I'm like the grasshopper to most of you guys' ant. I'm looking at this as a way to get my cellar down. I am already out of cigars, though I did discover some Parodi's when I cleaned out my cigar box museum. I had stashed a tin of London Mixture in the museum as well, but the tin was empty.

I have more hope than Carter's has liver pills. Some people say it's a virtue. Other people say I'm a pie-eyed optimist. Providence is out of my hands. I have never prepared for TEOTWAWKI. My strategy has always been to keep rolling with the punches and adapting to the times while being true to my code. This modus operandi has served me well for 54 years. This is not the end of the world as we know it but I know I'll have to adapt to a new way to make a living for the rest of the year. If I do it sans pipe, so be it. Being hungry is worse than being in need of a smoke, though both would be blessings that add to a hard, hard Lent.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I don't cellar, I have never used a pipe cleaner regularly until I stumbled upon internet pipe forums and I have access to fire. I'll do just fine.
The Troll Whisperer