Lane Limited Ready Rubbed

User avatar
sisyphus
Site Admin
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am
Location: Red Oak, IA

Sat May 05, 2018 9:19 pm

Should I give this a try? I was not nuts about ERR at the end of its span with Lane, so I never tried LLRR when it came out. Reviews have me believing they've changed it.
How do you guys like it?
User avatar
Wildcat
Active Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:14 am
Location: Hudson Falls NY

Sat May 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Never tried it myself.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
User avatar
9 Iron
Founding Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Sat May 05, 2018 9:44 pm

I've not tried it yet either. I have smoked a bunch of the Sutliff match which, in a nutshell tastes great for the first few minutes but then sort of fades out. I think it just comes down to the quality of the leaf used. I can't imagine that Lane would be a great leap forward from Sutliff. Now if someone would let Uhle's remake ERR with their own house burleys, well, that could be something amazing.
User avatar
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:48 am
Location: South Carolina

Sat May 05, 2018 9:48 pm

I enjoyed Lane's ERR. I think it tastes like the old ERR, but I prefer the Sutliff ERR Match more. I think it's worth a try. You can buy 2oz from 4Noggins so you don't have to buy a full tub. https://www.4noggins.com/lane-limited.aspx
This post by Ray Mackessy liked by (total 3):
sisyphusKevin KeithWildcat
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Weslaco

Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm with Ray. I've smoked both. Lane is good but Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match is even better. Recommended.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 2):
sisyphusWildcat
Image
Wildcrow
Founding Member
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:03 pm
Location: The hills of Tennessee

Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 pm

Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm
I'm with Ray. I've smoked both. Lane is good but Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match is even better. Recommended.
Where's Sutliff match on the nicotine spectrum?
This post by Wildcrow liked by:
Kevin Keith
Certified Whackadoodle
User avatar
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:48 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun May 06, 2018 7:12 am

Wildcrow wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 pm
Kevin Keith wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:06 pm
I'm with Ray. I've smoked both. Lane is good but Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match is even better. Recommended.
Where's Sutliff match on the nicotine spectrum?
Based on my nicotine tolerance I would consider the Sutliff Match as mild to medium.
This post by Ray Mackessy liked by (total 2):
Kevin KeithWildcrow
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 1273
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Weslaco

Sun May 06, 2018 8:52 am

Yes, Sutliff is on the mild to medium spectrum, leaning mild.
This post by Kevin Keith liked by:
Wildcrow
Image
User avatar
leacha
Founding Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:29 pm
Location: Colorado

Sun May 06, 2018 10:26 am

Ray Mackessy wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:48 pm
I enjoyed Lane's ERR. I think it tastes like the old ERR, but I prefer the Sutliff ERR Match more. I think it's worth a try. You can buy 2oz from 4Noggins so you don't have to buy a full tub. https://www.4noggins.com/lane-limited.aspx
Agreed!
Andrew Image
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 782
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Tue May 08, 2018 2:06 pm

I have a fair stock of both the Lane and the Sutliff. Can bag some up & send it your way if you'd like to compare & decide
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Bruyere_Royale
May contain lead paint
Post Reply