Super Value

Whalehead King

I just double checked to make sure my memory from yesterday is accurate.

I placed an order for tobacco. I was originally going to buy 12 ounces of SWRA, my regular go to from years back. I want a big amount of reliable OTC because, well, not to brag, but money is tight during this pandemic. It had been sitting in my cart for a month. I am never in a rush until the last minute. What? Me worry?

A tub of SWRA costs $46.96.

I recently finished a 12 ounce bag of Super Value Black and Gold and I was very satisfied with this blend. It was the first time I had tried Super Value. I didn't expect much but, you know what I got? I got a super value from that 12 ounces. It was really good so I thought to myself I should revisit this blender.

I bought 24 ounces of Super Value instead of the lady-magnet SWRA. I'm in lockdown so I don't need to impress the chicks. This amount should get me through a while. I deleted the SWRA from my order. Total cost of Super Value: $32.88. I bought two different flavors: peach and buttered rum. I hope they're good. I've got a whole lot of smoking to do. Naturally, I'm going to start with peach.

My only regret is that it doesn't come in key lime flavor. I'd be all over that like white on rice.

I also ordered a new clay pipe for $9.99.

I've only had the Super Value Black and Gold. It was good enough for me to take the plunge to order two more bags. Anyone want to tell me I made a mistake now that my order is in process? I should have posted this before I hit the button.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I've only had the super value bourbon whiskey and it was pretty darn good. Seems like a good gamble
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kxg

I like the Super Value English Mixture. It is surprisingly good for a "value" tobacco. I've not found it in bulk, but the normal prices for a 1.5oz pouch is in the range of $3.85 - $4.00+, so still a good buy. $30 or so for 12 oz equivalent.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

I've tried several of the Super Value blends and several of the Smoker's Pride, too. They are pretty good smokes, especially for their price points. I think I've got some Chocolate, Whiskey, and Vanilla stashed, still sealed in the plastic bags.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ellis You wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:41 pm I've tried several of the Super Value blends and several of the Smoker's Pride, too. They are pretty good smokes, especially for their price points. I think I've got some Chocolate, Whiskey, and Vanilla stashed, still sealed in the plastic bags.
Well , you may not have the chocolate , you sent me a bag recently. Ironically , it went to work with me today :) . Here it is , among a drawer front of many drawer fronts that needed hand sanding . It's pretty nice stuff .Sutliff does a goid job with aros . Their super value and Lanes smokers pride are both a great product
Around here , either of those brands is around 13 or 14 dollars . Compared to captain black , which is in over 6 bucks for a small pouch I think , they're a super deal at a B&M

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:00 pm
Ellis You wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:41 pm I've tried several of the Super Value blends and several of the Smoker's Pride, too. They are pretty good smokes, especially for their price points. I think I've got some Chocolate, Whiskey, and Vanilla stashed, still sealed in the plastic bags.
Well , you may not have the chocolate , you sent me a bag recently. Ironically , it went to work with me today :) . Here it is , among a drawer front of many drawer fronts that needed hand sanding . It's pretty nice stuff .Sutliff does a goid job with aros . Their super value and Lanes smokers pride are both a great product
Around here , either of those brands is around 13 or 14 dollars . Compared to captain black , which is in over 6 bucks for a small pouch I think , they're a super deal at a B&M

Are those red things pads for sanding? They look like they should fit on a machine.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:00 pm

Are those red things pads for sanding? They look like they should fit on a machine.
They do fit on a sander but I was hand sanding with them too ... smoked it in that Grabow
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Who makes Super Value? A brief google search didn't reveal the maker on the first page of results.
Ellis You
Member in Good Standing

Sutliff is the maker of Super Value.

@Ruffinogold, I've still got a couple of bags!!
Bamarick

On my last visit to a B&M last September I purchased a pouch of SV Black Cavendish. It's not as good as BCA, nor PS, but it'll certainly do and not in a pinch either.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!