The great American in stock all the time pipe tobacco blends

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

And ... leave the gun , take the cannoli
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcrow wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:21 am How does it compare to SPBC?
If the rumors are true and spbc is the same stuff as lane BCA / captain black dark then I personally like the green river a little better. The C&D showed up less wet & sticky. But it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:31 pm
Wildcrow wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:21 am How does it compare to SPBC?
If the rumors are true and spbc is the same stuff as lane BCA / captain black dark then I personally like the green river a little better. The C&D showed up less wet & sticky. But it's kind of an apples to oranges comparison
Thanks. I'm not saying C&D has me hooked in the gills, but I'm a fan of more of their blends than the sum of all other blends out there in pipe world I've tried.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 12:20 pm
Wildcrow wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:50 am
Can someone recommend a Burley variety that's on the sweeter side of C and D?
I get more sweet with Pegasus and Epiphany.
I do love Pegasus, but I've noted a correlation between people saying a blends name on a forum and it being OOS for months... as pointed out by Chico on PSD. I smoked half a pound of Pegasus and think it's too close to OJK to bother trying to get it. Epiphany is great, but is fruit sweet whereas I'm hoping to stumble on a molasses sweet like Solani ABF.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Dark Burley has a little but it is not like ABF. C&D Cube Cut Burley might be worth a try, but it is a light touch too.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Thanks. Next order... next order.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Crow, you checked out Sutliff Match Edgeworth? It's close to the original and has that molasses burley flavor. Being a C&D fan I'm sure you've had Bob Bushman too, not molasses but still lightly sweet with a depth to it. Reminds me of black and milds actually except better quality and with some nicotine.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Maybe I'm late in noticing, but I just saw that SP has John Marr from the c&d Melville at sea series available in bulk now.

Also, I'd toss both New Market & Engine #382 into the list of solid tobaccos that are consistently available and contain deer tongue for folks who want to dip their toe in and try it. I like both of those much more than crooner. They are much milder blends for something you could puff on all day long.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 6:07 pm Crow, you checked out Sutliff Match Edgeworth? It's close to the original and has that molasses burley flavor. Being a C&D fan I'm sure you've had Bob Bushman too, not molasses but still lightly sweet with a depth to it. Reminds me of black and milds actually except better quality and with some nicotine.
I had the Lane version when it was introduced a few years ago. I believe I was forced to abandon it because it failed the wife sniffer test. I think it's safe to reintroduce it to her and see if she thinks it smells better than some stinkers I keep burning here.

I'm still whittling names off my C&D list. They have so many blends.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I was completely disappointed with the Lane RR . Heck , it isnt even a similar cut . I mean , if youre after a match of sorts , ya gotta at least attempt the cut . The Sutliff RR is way better .... imho .... Lane is ok on its own but its nowhere near a match . Its interesting because Lane has done such a fantastic job with the OTC theyve came out with and or revamped and then to drop the ball on the RR , I was surprised

Oh , Lanes Dark Red .... what a great freakin black cavendish . Really . lol , what black Cavendish isnt in stock all the time
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.