Must try blends

David M
Founding Member

Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:21 am

Sure do wish I had a tin of that. If I could only go back in time...
This post by David M liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomRuffinogoldBilly Joe
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Blame it all on @Wildcat....
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 2):
Fr_TomBilly Joe
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Tell ya what , and I cant believe it wasnt one of the first blends to rattle off , but IRC Old colonial ... my goodness :thumbs:
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomBilly JoeMr Beardsley
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
steamboat

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 pm

I would like to add Wessex Burley Slice to the list. Its a straight Burley flake for one reason which is kinda rare. The only other straight i can think of is the Solani Aged Burley Flake. The wessex has such a deep earthy graham cracker taste to it, that its just amazing. It can be a tad difficult to obtain, and its available this second at Mars Cigars.
This post by steamboat liked by (total 2):
RuffinogoldFr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 pm

Imho , its th bst blend out there , especially if someone is into Burley , of course .. but if not , it's still the best .. lol ! It's the closest blend I've ever had to Edgeworth slices , is super similar and damn near as good
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
steamboatFr_Tom
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Oh heck, I have to add another that just popped in my head as I was thinking about Autumn [ cant wait for it now that its too freakin hot ] .. a fantastic member @leacha sent me some crossover samples last year to try , or early this year ... anyway , they were English / cavendish type crossovers . As usual , the C&D one , which I forget the name , was horrible .. harsh , bitey etc ... it sucked . The H&H one was similar to the C&D , so it suckd too . The McClellands TGL was very good , as was the Lane HGL , of which McClelland " copied " when Lane was out of HGL for a time or whatever ..... BUT ... Sutliff Aromatic English was the far and away winner ! Theres few crossovers I enjoy enough to buy after first trying ... IRC Dr. Bradley has been one for many years and its very unique and fantastic and always worth buying . But the Sutliff Aromatic English .. wow !!! Perfect balance and smoking blend ... and its a bulk blend !!!! Seriously , ya gotta love bulk as its so inexpensive

Really , Sutliff Aromatic English .. a perfect English / Cavendish cross over if ever there was
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
Fr_Tom