Pipe Tobacco Wishlist

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I have my eye out for certain vintage blends . I doubt Ill ever find a vintage Argosy , at least not in good shape . I have favorite blends , which some are gone forever , but theres so much available for the time being that its a good time to try whats out there " on the shelves " . Hell , @Wildcat sent me sutliff Rl PR blend . He said he didnt care for it and I'm smoking it and truly loving it . Its a blend that is obscure/fantastic/available and I dont recalll ever seeing it before or hearing it mentioned until it arrived in my mailbox . Its one of 5 or 6 sutliff cube blends . Sutliff has so many blends that there isnt one etailer that carries the entire line . C&D , which I find unsmokable , has almost as many blends and many people enjoy their products . Hearth and Home , unsmokable to me as well , has almost as many blends as C&D and many people enjoy their products
I guess my point is , that read all ya want and have a wish list , no doubt , but by all means enjoy ordering whats easily available because your next mind blower lifelong blend is probably sitting on a shelf waiting

Oh , if you ever run into Edgeworth Slices [ the holy grail ] ... snag it !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Jlando19

Chef Benny wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:34 am
Jlando19 wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:08 am
Chef Benny wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:53 am I am looking for an unopened tins of

SG Ennerdale Flake (Don't Judge Me)
John Alesbury Dragon Mixture
Svendborg Danish
Tub o' PA

Help please..๐Ÿ˜†
I found two out of the four. Milan has a notify me list for tubs of PA.
https://watchcitycigar.com/john-aylesbu ... e-50g-tin/

https://www.marscigars.com/svenborg-danish.aspx
Thanks for the tip. @Thelonious monkfish I am looking for a fresh tub..they are hard to find right now..I will get on the Milan list... thanks ya'll.
Hey! That was my tip! Lol
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

As far as I gather , which isnt very deep , PA and Carter Hall arent gone just not being cranked out being Altria is putting their lesser number of employees on black and milds or whatever sells by the bazillions for them . Am I correct , or is there word out that they are going to permanently stop making PA or CH ?
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:58 am As far as I gather , which isnt very deep , PA and Carter Hall arent gone just not being cranked out being Altria is putting their lesser number of employees on black and milds or whatever sells by the bazillions for them . Am I correct , or is there word out that they are going to permanently stop making PA or CH ?
What boggles my brain is why Altria/Middleton didn't/don't/won't sell the recipes to the discontinued blends.

My apocalypse cellar is mainly tubs of Velvet, Walnut and Cherry Blend matches. (Velvet took over the slot where Kentucky Club Mild Blue formally resided.) It's not a huge cellar, but at the rate I smoke now (2 to 3 bowls per day, less in warmer cigar weather), I'll be set for a long while.
I've always strived to be a codger and smoke only one or a few blends and my my cellar reflects that. But recently my taste buds have changed with age I guess and I'd like to try some different things. Now that I have a little expendable cash again, I think I will.

Edit) The Sutliff Rl PR blend I sent to @Ruffinogold was an attempt at branching out. Unfortunately for me, I didn't like it. Not the first time a cube cut from Sutliff didn't do it for me. Is it Sutliff or is it cube cut? I don't know...
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Middle Earth

Thank God I have everything I could wish for, and do not have a wish list
Closest thing, would be more Stonehenge Flake and more Dark Star
Fortunately, I can get more Stonehenge Flake but unfortunately cannot add to my stash of Dark Star without making it a science project and I have zero desire for any more science projects in my life
If you have the time and the money, most any tobacco dream can come true
Jlando19

Chef Benny wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:34 am
Jlando19 wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:08 am
Chef Benny wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:53 am I am looking for an unopened tins of

SG Ennerdale Flake (Don't Judge Me)
John Alesbury Dragon Mixture
Svendborg Danish
Tub o' PA

Help please..๐Ÿ˜†
I found two out of the four. Milan has a notify me list for tubs of PA.
https://watchcitycigar.com/john-aylesbu ... e-50g-tin/

https://www.marscigars.com/svenborg-danish.aspx
Thanks for the tip. @Thelonious monkfish I am looking for a fresh tub..they are hard to find right now..I will get on the Milan list... thanks ya'll.
Ahh. I see where I miss read this. My apologies, I was half asleep when I read this. Long night at the bar lastnight.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:58 am As far as I gather , which isnt very deep , PA and Carter Hall arent gone just not being cranked out being Altria is putting their lesser number of employees on black and milds or whatever sells by the bazillions for them . Am I correct , or is there word out that they are going to permanently stop making PA or CH ?
I spoke with the John Middleton's customer service line last week and they stated the same thing they told me two months ago: That Carter Hall and Prince Albert pouches have been discontinued, but the tubs are continuing and are being shipped to wholesalers.

So, who is getting them? I don't know. The big online sellers don't have them, and my local source, Food Lion, only has pouches in stock.

Whatever the deal is, I squirreled away a bunch of these years ago in Mylar bags. I like most pipe tobaccos to one degree or another, but always want a pouch of PA or CH in my tackle box. It just wouldn't seem right otherwise.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Dr Uhaha wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:28 pm
I spoke with the John Middleton's customer service line last week and they stated the same thing they told me two months ago: That Carter Hall and Prince Albert pouches have been discontinued, but the tubs are continuing and are being shipped to wholesalers.

So, who is getting them? I don't know. The big online sellers don't have them, and my local source, Food Lion, only has pouches in stock.

Whatever the deal is, I squirreled away a bunch of these years ago in Mylar bags. I like most pipe tobaccos to one degree or another, but always want a pouch of PA or CH in my tackle box. It just wouldn't seem right otherwise.
Thanks for the clarification . Id imagine theyd ship out to the food stores etc before say smokingpipes . Smokingpipes is big but all the food stores etc that theyve been shipping to for the last hundred years is bigger .. im guessing . Im now keeping the eye out for CH Tubs . PA never has appealed to me and Im a huge Middleton fan . However , if I see any , if anyone wants one id gladly snag it . Shit , I wish they would have kept going with middleton cherry , the bastards
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I just ordered a tin of Svendnorg Danish.. thanks for the tip @Jlando19 .. :lol:
Anyway.. its pretty good stuff. I like it better than Orlick or Newminster Danish blends.
I don't like it as much as a cheese Danish though.

I agree with Mr. Mayor ... there are many bountiful blessings to be puffed on at the moment. Explore and enjoy!

Peace!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

So PA/CH isn't around? Or it's still produced but only in tubs and nobody knows where they are? I'm fairly well stocked if it hasn't disappeared, if it has that sucks. Will check the res for tubs next time out that way and grab whatever they have. Benny, if I find one you want it?