New to me / you tins / blends youre interested in

User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:22 pm

I have never had Dunhill Ye Old Sign . I damn near sure of it . I think Dunhill stuff is pretty top notch so its one I'd like to try . Does it suck , is it good or great ?

I've had very little of the newer brands that have come on the market since the Fed bs a while ago . Which ever are made by H&H or GLP , of course I'd just pass on . I'm guessing Chacom blends are H&H [ ? ] , they just look it but I dont really know . I do have a pouch of Drexel that I'v been meaning to try since I jarred it but I havent yet for some reason and I dont know who makes that one either .

Iv been wanting to try Dans Mellow Mallard but like many virginia tins , theyre not easy to come by .

Ive never had Sultiffs Queen Annes Revenge and it one of a number of theirs that I still havent gotten to yet

You got stuff new or other wise your interested in trying
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMikeDennison
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
sisyphus
Site Admin
Posts: 441
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am
Location: Red Oak, IA

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:35 pm

H&H Viprati is easily one of the best three VaPers I've ever smoked. I haven't cracked one of my MacB HH Burley Flake yet. Looking forward to those.
This post by sisyphus liked by (total 4):
RuffinogoldThelonious monkfishWhistlebritchesMikeDennison
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:44 pm

sisyphus wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:35 pm
H&H Viprati is easily one of the best three VaPers I've ever smoked. I haven't cracked one of my MacB HH Burley Flake yet. Looking forward to those.
Oh heck , I forgot about MB Burley Flake ... yeah , thats one I ant to get to !
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMikeDennison
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Ruff, the chacom blends are manufactured by C&D

I consider myself lucky that I've been able to get my paws on a lot of tobaccos that are pretty unobtainium but some of the ones I haven't snagged yet are:

Fribourg & Treyer cut Virginia plug & Vintage Flake

Wessex dark flake & red VA flake

Watch city flake 558 & Old Dominion

I'm sure there's more but off the top of my head those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
RuffinogoldThelonious monkfishMikeDennison
May contain lead paint
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 pm
Ruff, the chacom blends are manufactured by C&D

I consider myself lucky that I've been able to get my paws on a lot of tobaccos that are pretty unobtainium but some of the ones I haven't snagged yet are:

Fribourg & Treyer cut Virginia plug & Vintage Flake

Wessex dark flake & red VA flake

Watch city flake 558 & Old Dominion

I'm sure there's more but off the top of my head those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
I can attest to the high Quality of Wessex blends . Their virginias are fantastic and their burley flake is the best Burley on the planet currently . The Dark Flake and Curly are off the chart . Really , they dont make a bad blend and their blends are highly representative of the leaf it boasts ... example Red Virginia . Its the clearest Red Virginia on the market . It may not be the greatest blend on Earth , though I put it way up there , but if someone wanted to learn what Red Virginia tasted like , I cant think of a better blend to recommend to quickly grasp what it is

Im not a C&D fan either . Either they’ve changed or I have . Its a shame because like McClelland was , they have stock

I can also attest that any F&T virginia is damn good .. just pick one :thumbs:



As an aside ..

I'd like to just say that I hate hoarders .. lol .. I hate that many virginia flakes are scoffed up and out of stock . I hate that certain blends/ blending houses are never in stock anymore and for some time . I honestly miss the pre internet pipe tobacco availability days . Hoarders suck and I dont care if they have good reason . Its my opinion and I'm sticking with it ... hoarders suck . If your a hoarder , you may be the greatest person in th world to your friends , family and teh word ..... but ya still suck :lol:
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleyThelonious monkfishBilly JoeMikeDennison
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:00 pm
Ruff, the chacom blends are manufactured by C&D

I consider myself lucky that I've been able to get my paws on a lot of tobaccos that are pretty unobtainium but some of the ones I haven't snagged yet are:

Fribourg & Treyer cut Virginia plug & Vintage Flake

Wessex dark flake & red VA flake

Watch city flake 558 & Old Dominion

I'm sure there's more but off the top of my head those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
I can attest to the high Quality of Wessex blends . Their virginias are fantastic and their burley flake is the best Burley on the planet currently . The Dark Flake and Curly are off the chart . Really , they dont make a bad blend and their blends are highly representative of the leaf it boasts ... example Red Virginia . Its the clearest Red Virginia on the market . It may not be the greatest blend on Earth , though I put it way up there , but if someone wanted to learn what Red Virginia tasted like , I cant think of a better blend to recommend to quickly grasp what it is

Im not a C&D fan either . Either they’ve changed or I have . Its a shame because like McClelland was , they have stock

I can also attest that any F&T virginia is damn good .. just pick one :thumbs:



As an aside ..

I'd like to just say that I hate hoarders .. lol .. I hate that many virginia flakes are scoffed up and out of stock . I hate that certain blends/ blending houses are never in stock anymore and for some time . I honestly miss the pre internet pipe tobacco availability days . Hoarders suck and I dont care if they have good reason . Its my opinion and I'm sticking with it ... hoarders suck . If your a hoarder , you may be the greatest person in th world to your friends , family and teh word ..... but ya still suck :lol:
I definitely agree with you about wessex burley slice. It really is an amazing burley. I was lucky to stumble across a couple tins of their gold slice and as soon as I empty a couple more jars, one is getting cracked open.

I don't necessarily dislike the hoarding mentality IF a person is snatching up tobaccos that they intend to smoke. I do dislike the ones that snatched it up to flip for profit. I still think a big part of the problem with blends being so hard to get hold of right now is changes in label regulations. The rules are extremely hard to understand and manufacturers are quite possibly struggling to find a cost effective way to label their products to work in all the different countries. Now that we are seeing gawith products float back in to the market I'm hopeful that the others (like wessex and F&T) will be close behind

By the way, if you want a sample of the HH burley flake just say the word & I'll send some your way
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishRuffinogoldMikeDennison
May contain lead paint
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Active Member
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:48 pm

I want try more SG/GH plug, twist, flakes. Some of them sound real good and I Iike everything I've had from them so far. The new Burley Flake too, haven't found any locally yet. Really I would settle for Irish Condor plug and original Edgeworth, but neither exist anymore, as much as the hoarders without holes in their pockets make it hard for me to obtain things I do understand it. Wish I had more than a few tins of Beacon and Best Bayou but I have all that I ever will. Add in increasing costs and stronger pushback against tobacco(in this state you now have to be 21, and the WHO wants a smoke free world) and it makes sense. I have several tubs of CH and PA, some random tins including blends that are extinct or have changed and a box full of jars with some of the same. Could last me a year or so if I quit buying, which I kind of have. Wouldn't mind having more in the least.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyRuffinogoldMikeDennison
User avatar
Whistlebritches
Active Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 pm

sisyphus wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:35 pm
H&H Viprati is easily one of the best three VaPers I've ever smoked. I haven't cracked one of my MacB HH Burley Flake yet. Looking forward to those.
Viprati is on my wish list.Heard nothing but good about it.I am a vaper ho.
This post by Whistlebritches liked by (total 2):
RuffinogoldMikeDennison
User avatar
ncrobb
Founding Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:33 pm

The HH Burley Flake is good stuff. I’m still so new I don’t know what I want to try since there is so much I haven’t. I’ve got too many tins I have bought to try and have yet to open.
This post by ncrobb liked by:
MikeDennison
Billy Joe
Junior Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:45 am

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:48 pm
I want try more SG/GH plug, twist, flakes. Some of them sound real good and I Iike everything I've had from them so far. The new Burley Flake too, haven't found any locally yet. Really I would settle for Irish Condor plug and original Edgeworth, but neither exist anymore, as much as the hoarders without holes in their pockets make it hard for me to obtain things I do understand it. Wish I had more than a few tins of Beacon and Best Bayou but I have all that I ever will. Add in increasing costs and stronger pushback against tobacco(in this state you now have to be 21, and the WHO wants a smoke free world) and it makes sense. I have several tubs of CH and PA, some random tins including blends that are extinct or have changed and a box full of jars with some of the same. Could last me a year or so if I quit buying, which I kind of have. Wouldn't mind having more in the least.
Agreed on the SG plugs, etc.
Recently tried some Kendal Plug and thought it was the best Virginia I've had. However....try to find it.

But if I do find it, I'm getting that 250 gram box!
This post by Billy Joe liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishRuffinogoldMikeDennison
Post Reply