Untried Blends

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

This thread could be interesting , to me at least . There's so many blends I've tried over the years and so many more I haven't . What Id like t do is for us to post any blend of what we havent tried but think may be good or whatever . And if anyone has had it , they can respond with a good , meh or its shit response ... or whatever

Could I go to TR and read through all that bullshit .... yes I could but I know you guys and a majority of TR is bs to me and I have enough of a life to not want to waste it there

I haven't had much from the Sillems brand . One of theirs I'm curious about is the Musketeer blend

" Black Cavendish and cube cut Burley. A smooth blend with neutral flavor. " ....

Im assuming the black cavendish isnt flavored much at all and the cube burley is a medium body burley flavor . Something like that , to me , sounds interesting if done well Anyone have that and what do ya think ?

Savinelli Jupiter .... " Savinelli's Jupiter features a blend of white and dark Burleys, Red and Bright Virginias, and a touch of spicy, Dark-Fired Kentucky. This remarkable mixture is further enhanced by a delicate topping of dark rum and molasses for a sweet, nutty, and complex flavor profile. "

Damn , that could be nice

Anyone have this ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Interesting idea.

There are so many tempting blends in this world, so much tin art, so many descriptions....

I have become such a codger that if it ain't Super-Value it ain't nuttin', honey.

When I go to a B&M I linger over the tins. They are very tempting, each and every one of them.

I will tell you a secret:

I have never smoked Capt. Black Grape.

I wish. I wish. I wish. I wish they still made it. I waited too long.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:14 pm Interesting idea.

There are so many tempting blends in this world, so much tin art, so many descriptions....

I have become such a codger that if it ain't Super-Value it ain't nuttin', honey.

When I go to a B&M I linger over the tins. They are very tempting, each and every one of them.

Ha ! I never did the grape either . I know people were mostly good with it but the color of the purple on the package was the color of a grape bubble gum from back in the early 70's , that I cant recall the name of . The color was so the same that I just couldnt get the idea of the gum out of my head when I looked at it and I never ordered or tried any .

Ive made up for it by smoking a small ton of CB Gold :D
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:14 pm Interesting idea.

They now make Captain Black Watermelon. It is available in Japan. I would love to try some of that
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 pm This thread could be interesting , to me at least . There's so many blends I've tried over the years and so many more I haven't . What Id like t do is for us to post any blend of what we havent tried but think may be good or whatever . And if anyone has had it , they can respond with a good , meh or its shit response ... or whatever

Could I go to TR and read through all that bullshit .... yes I could but I know you guys and a majority of TR is bs to me and I have enough of a life to not want to waste it there

I haven't had much from the Sillems brand . One of theirs I'm curious about is the Musketeer blend

" Black Cavendish and cube cut Burley. A smooth blend with neutral flavor. " ....

Im assuming the black cavendish isnt flavored much at all and the cube burley is a medium body burley flavor . Something like that , to me , sounds interesting if done well Anyone have that and what do ya think ?

Savinelli Jupiter .... " Savinelli's Jupiter features a blend of white and dark Burleys, Red and Bright Virginias, and a touch of spicy, Dark-Fired Kentucky. This remarkable mixture is further enhanced by a delicate topping of dark rum and molasses for a sweet, nutty, and complex flavor profile. "

Anyone have this ?
I have heard that some of the Savinelli blends are blended by C&D. I contacted SmokingPipes and posted the response somewhere here at PSF. They make some of the blends. So you know that means it’ll be great! And at least have some nicotine!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:33 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 pm This thread could be interesting , to me at least . There's so many blends I've tried over the years and so many more I haven't . What Id like t do is for us to post any blend of what we havent tried but think may be good or whatever . And if anyone has had it , they can respond with a good , meh or its shit response ... or whatever

Anyone have this ?
I have heard that some of the Savinelli blends are blended by C&D. I contacted SmokingPipes and posted the response somewhere here at PSF. They make some of the blends. So you know that means it’ll be great! And at least have some nicotine!
Unfortunate to hear about this debasement.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:55 pm

Anyone have this ?
Found it:
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:13 am Got a response from Smokingpipes within 5 minutes on a Sunday.

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm glad to help answer that for you.

While most of Savinelli's production is split between Mac Baren and Kohlhase & Kopp, Cornell & Diehl does produce a few of their blends - Janus, Juno, Jupiter, and the 140th Anniversary blend.

I hope this information helps, and if there's anything else I can assist with, please do let me know.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Heres one I havent tried and for the life of me I dont know why I havent. Newminster stuff is made by MB and the description of Danish Black sounds very similar to MB Black Ambrosia . Ill be ordering an oz of this stuff very shortly . Id imagine it isnt the same but Im guessing it will be similar .

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... _id/102412

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:05 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:55 pm

Found it:
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:13 am Got a response from Smokingpipes within 5 minutes on a Sunday.

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm glad to help answer that for you.

While most of Savinelli's production is split between Mac Baren and Kohlhase & Kopp, Cornell & Diehl does produce a few of their blends - Janus, Juno, Jupiter, and the 140th Anniversary blend.

I hope this information helps, and if there's anything else I can assist with, please do let me know.
Instant pass but that Musketeer sounds very interesting with the use of Cube cut and BC :thumbs:
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I don't understand why we're not talking about Capt. Black Watermelon.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.