The ... let's pop a tin thread for Labor Day

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ok , it's pretty scary it's almost September 2018 :shock:

Maybe you are like me and have a ton of stuff jarred and you dont get to opening a tin often because it would be another jar in the cellar ... and why do you want another jar in the cellar !? .... here's why ... because you get tyo pop a tin of something maybe either awesome , new or both ! That's why

I have one tin of sutliff CD ( Country Doctor match ) blend left .... just one ... it's depressing . BUT ... I plan on popping it next month because it is a super Fall blend . It's great Any time but Fall .... lovely !

I'll pop mine for Labor day

The funny thing is , when I do pop a tin , I usually cruise through it pretty quickly . When you have a pound + of something jarred , it seems to stick around a while ( at least it does for me ) .

CD Blend is kinda special to me and I labor a lot so I figure it's fitting to bust it open . I may make a video for the occasion, being its no longer made

So whos with me in popping a tin/pouch for Labor day ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Everything I have is in a jar, but I will be going to the store and buying a pouch of something to open. If I'm flush with cash I might go to the smoke shop in town and see what tins they have. I'm all in for the Let's Pop a Tin for Labor Day Day!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
ncrobb
Founding Member

I’m gonna be running wide open the next two weeks. I may get one post labor day. I’m with ya, I’ve got too much open already (that Balkan Saseini seems to multiply in the jar!!) but I’m ready for something new.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

This sounds fun... Man will I have a tough decision to make on what to open
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
steamboat

Count me in on this! I will be opening that bag of McClelland Townsman Blue on Labor Day, to smoke through out the fall.
Rusticated

I'm game...now the hard part...which one!? Got storage question tho. I'm not a heavy smoker so I rotate thru open tins pretty slowly; is it best to dump the remaining tin into a mason jar for better keeping?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Rusticated wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:15 pm I'm game...now the hard part...which one!? Got storage question tho. I'm not a heavy smoker so I rotate thru open tins pretty slowly; is it best to dump the remaining tin into a mason jar for better keeping?
Yes it is. I think the most folks will leave it in a tin if it's going to get smoked up in a week or so. Longer than that it gets dumped in a Mason jar to maintain the goodness
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
steamboat

I mostly open everything that i get in the mail, as soon as the postman drops it off. The tins get emptied into a mason jar, and i dig into them when ever i please. Life is too short to finish a tin before popping the next. Also my jars get the aging process interrupted, there is no rhyme to reason, or rotation that i follow. I will burp a jar open any time that i please to smoke the contents inside. Its amazing having over a hundred blends at arms reach. Off course i have tins that are not opened, due to contently running out of jars =)
Rusticated

Time to order more mason jars...thanks guys!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

steamboat wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:20 pm I mostly open everything that i get in the mail, as soon as the postman drops it off. The tins get emptied into a mason jar, and i dig into them when ever i please. Life is too short to finish a tin before popping the next. Also my jars get the aging process interrupted, there is no rhyme to reason, or rotation that i follow. I will burp a jar open any time that i please to smoke the contents inside. Its amazing having over a hundred blends at arms reach. Off course i have tins that are not opened, due to contently running out of jars =)
This was me a few years ago too . back in 2011 I had over a hundred jars . I thought it was a bit much so I purged it to an old PSF member , mainly . it was like getting an " instacellar " I'd imagine . back then I went through a phase of trying everything ... That happens once a decade or so .
Sometimes I miss the years that i just smoked a handful of blends and other times im thankful that i go nuts here and there
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.