The ... let's pop a tin thread for Labor Day

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I bought a pouch of PA Cherry Vanilla to open on Labor Day

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:36 pm I bought a pouch of PA Cherry Vanilla to open on Labor Day

Nice! None of the stores around here sell pouches anymore. As a matter of fact the last time I was at Walgreens they weren't even carrying the cans of their own tobacco anymore and had one rather sad looking grabow tossed on the bottom shelf behind the counter
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:06 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:36 pm I bought a pouch of PA Cherry Vanilla to open on Labor Day

Nice! None of the stores around here sell pouches anymore. As a matter of fact the last time I was at Walgreens they weren't even carrying the cans of their own tobacco anymore and had one rather sad looking grabow tossed on the bottom shelf behind the counter
He had a few pouches today, PA, SWR, H&H, SWRA, Paladin, and a couple more I don't remember. Quite a few Dunhill tins, some Mac Baren, Drew Estate, and Peterson. Capstan Gold too. And this is a vape/cigarette shop!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
JBRiner

So I just popped my tin and am smoking a bowl of Russ Os Firestorm in a MM Legend.

Upon opening the tin I am hit with a prune/fig/dark fruit smell. It is slightly moist...more than I was expecting tbh. The ribbon cut packs easily and lights well.

So far it has been mellower than I was expecting. The perique is not as dominant as I was hoping but that dark fire sure is tasty. I’m really digging it so far!
Adwyth
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:50 pm

He had a few pouches today, PA, SWR, H&H, SWRA, Paladin, and a couple more I don't remember. Quite a few Dunhill tins, some Mac Baren, Drew Estate, and Peterson. Capstan Gold too. And this is a vape/cigarette shop!
The vape / cigarette / head shops here only sell the bags of stuff like ohm that isn't really pipe tobacco. In my continuing effort to support the local b&m I paid dearly for 2oz of G&H loooooozyyyyana flake and a tin of Davidoff flake medallions
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:00 pm

The vape / cigarette / head shops here only sell the bags of stuff like ohm that isn't really pipe tobacco. In my continuing effort to support the local b&m I paid dearly for 2oz of G&H loooooozyyyyana flake and a tin of Davidoff flake medallions
Oh, I paid for shopping local all right. With Texas sin tax + sales tax + price of the pouch was a little over $9!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:07 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:00 pm

Oh, I paid for shopping local all right. With Texas sin tax + sales tax + price of the pouch was a little over $9!
:shock:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I'm gonna buy a pouch of Captain Black Grape tomorrow and smoke a cob.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:17 pm I'm gonna buy a pouch of Captain Black Grape tomorrow and smoke a cob.
Now that's dedication!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:56 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:17 pm I'm gonna buy a pouch of Captain Black Grape tomorrow and smoke a cob.
Now that's dedication!
If you don't hear from me, it's the grape.
The Troll Whisperer