Keep this on the low down

JBRiner

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:46 pm

steamboat wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:44 pm
JBRiner wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 pm
I have a confession...I have never had 3 nuns. I’ve seen it all over the place, I just haven’t pulled the trigger on it. I think the reason I keep passing over it is that I remember reading that it does not have much if any perique....and I prefer va/pers to straight Virginia blends...on top of that, I like a healthy dose of perique in my Va/pers.
Vapers are my number 1 category. Some Suggestions St James, Solani 633, Marlin Flake, Anniversary Kake, Esoterica Dorchester, and for a twist try McConnells Scotish Cake.
St James is one of my favorites. Anytime I pop a tin I don’t even bother jarring it because I go through it so fast!

I’ve been meaning to try the Solani 633. I had a sample of the anniversary Kake that was splendid.
This post by JBRiner liked by (total 4):
steamboatRuffinogoldMikeDennisonRusticated
Adwyth
Whistlebritches

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:50 pm

I bought 3 tins of the new Three Nuns when it first came out..........got to smoke a couple bowls before it all molded on me.Just never went back after that.
This post by Whistlebritches liked by (total 3):
steamboatMikeDennisonRusticated
arturo7

Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:34 pm
she's kinda hot
This post by arturo7 liked by (total 3):
RuffinogoldMikeDennisonRusticated
ever forward
steamboat

Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:00 pm

Whistlebritches wrote:
I bought 3 tins of the new Three Nuns when it first came out..........got to smoke a couple bowls before it all molded on me.Just never went back after that.
Which new 3 Nuns? The original new one? or the 2 new ones that just got released this month. I know its confusing. There is 3 3 Nuns blend on the market now.
This post by steamboat liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonWhistlebritchesRusticated
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:59 am

steamboat wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:25 pm
The orginal Three Nuns smokers swear by Newminster 403 Superior Round Slices. I have never tried the blend, but the word is, its extremely close to the original 3 Nuns. That also does not contain any perique, so im curious to know why they always get compared. The original had Perique.
SRS is good, but without the perique it can't be that much like the original Three Nuns.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonRusticated
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whistlebritches

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:29 pm

steamboat wrote:
Whistlebritches wrote:
Which new 3 Nuns? The original new one? or the 2 new ones that just got released this month. I know its confusing. There is 3 3 Nuns blend on the market now.
The original new one........maybe 2-3 years ago.Didn't know they had more out.
This post by Whistlebritches liked by (total 2):
RuffinogoldRusticated
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Whistlebritches wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:29 pm
steamboat wrote:
Whistlebritches wrote:
The original new one........maybe 2-3 years ago.Didn't know they had more out.
I didnt either . More stuff to get around to trying one day . But the way new stuff is popping up , I wont keep up
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
RusticatedMikeDennison
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Rusticated

Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:58 pm

There probably aren't a lot of Hearth & Home fans out there but I liked their Marquee Viprati.
This post by Rusticated liked by:
MikeDennison
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:39 pm

JBRiner wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:28 pm
I have a confession...I have never had 3 nuns.
I've never tried Three Nuns tobacco, either, but three nuns sat next to me at the bar this afternoon. They had had lunch in the dining room and they wanted to watch the New Orleans Saints game on the TV in the bar.

One nun ordered a mimosa. The second nun ordered a glass of ice water. The third nun ordered a vodka and cranberry, "Very light on the vodka."

When the third nun got her drink, she took a sip and she pursed her lips and wrinkled her nose. She said to the second nun, "You should have a real drink. Help me drink this. It's too strong for me." The second nun didn't want to take a sip but she was eventually cajoled by the third nun to try it and then SHE wrinkled her nose. "That is strong!' she exclaimed.

The two nuns eventually palmed it off on the layperson who was their designated driver. At half time they all four of them left the bar, presumably to watch the rest of the game at the convent.

I told the bartender that they thought the drink was too strong. "Shoot," he said, "I made that drink so weak for that nun. There was only a quarter shot of vodka in that glass."

"That's too much vodka for a nun," I observed.

What does this have to do with Three Nuns tobacco? Nothing, probably, since I've never tried it. This episode leads me to believe, however, that it must be a very mild smoke.

That's all the anecdotal evidence I can provide on this subject. True story. I was going to write this up on our blog but I found this thread and seemed appropriate to include it here. :)
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 4):
MikeDennisonFr_TomRusticatedWhistlebritches
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.