Burley; what do you recommend for a 'newbie'?

Legion

In my youth I loved OTC aromatics such as Borkum Riff & Amphora. The aromatics that I've bought recently seem to be heavily cased (is that the right term?) & quite moist.

I'm looking for a bulk Burley from 4noggins, that is towards mild, no tongue bite, doesn't need drying, light on Vit N & very lightly flavoured.
Suggestions?

(Why bulk rather than a 2oz tin or pouch? It has to get past 'the man' who couldn't care less if it's an oz or a pound. If I'm to run the gauntlet it may as well be with 16oz)
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Carter Hall and Prince Albert are hard to beat and you can get them in 14oz tubs. Heck, 4noggins even sells them in bulk!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I wouldnt buy anything from 4noggins ... period . I also wouldnt buy a pound of anything I havent tried but thats just me . Bulk is the way to go for sure but one of the great things about bulk is that you can snag 1 oz samples of a good number of blends and find the Gem
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Legion

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:48 pm I wouldnt buy anything from 4noggins ... period . I also wouldnt buy a pound of anything I havent tried but thats just me . Bulk is the way to go for sure but one of the great things about bulk is that you can snag 1 oz samples of a good number of blends and find the Gem
Do you mind sharing why?

The thing is is that 4noggins is the place that gets recommended time & again by Aussies because they know how to 'play the game'.
Many either don't ship to Aus or will draw attention by describing contents as 'tobacco'.
Should a 1lb of tobacco get intercepted, the duty would be well over $500.

Our taxes are ludicrous & nothing but a money grab. 50g of tobacco is now around $75.
Our govt cannot do without the revenue & they pass laws that deter healthier methods of ingestion; most forms of smokeless tobacco such as snuff & chewing tobacco are illegal. There's even a push to ban those e-cigs.

Growing tobacco for personal consumption attracts bigger penalties than for growing cannabis. What's a man to do?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

If I were to share why , I'd have to ban myself . Move to America [ ? ]
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:33 pm If I were to share why , I'd have to ban myself . Move to America [ ? ]
I kinda think I know the reason. He sold the company just FYI and there's a new guy at the helm
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I'd recommend any of the burley-forward OTC codger blends. An especial favorite of mine is Sir Walter Raleigh, or Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. Both are available in pouches or tubs. And both are very tasty, though quite different one from the other. SWRA has some kind of liquor-type topping...and it's a lovely smoke. SWR has this nice cocoa tone with that nutty burley goodness. Jiminy! Think I've talked myself into another bowl of it! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Legion

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:33 pm If I were to share why , I'd have to ban myself . Move to America [ ? ]
Lol. That bad huh?
Legion

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:44 pm
I kinda think I know the reason. He sold the company just FYI and there's a new guy at the helm
That might explain my confusion.
In reviews customers refer to the owner as Rich but the email address says Jeff.

So Jeff would be the new owner then?

As long as he treats us poor schmucks who live under oppressive tax laws the same as Rich, then I'll continue to give 4noggins my business.
Rich says that 90% of his business is from overseas customers so I can't imagine that anything will change.
Bullwinkle

[
The thing is is that 4noggins is the place that gets recommended time & again by Aussies because they know how to 'play the game'
Why do folks continually out the golden goose?

As for 4noggins i wouldn't bother to wizz on them if they were on fire

The whole sale from one ahole to a crook and the playing of the game staying the same smells fishy to me.