Daughters and Ryan Website---Not Good

simplepipes

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:58 pm

D&R Website is poor . . . 1 pound bags are poor (I just fold over and use a binder clamp) . . . I think Mark (Ryan) runs a minimally staffed organization.

I like their tobaccos . . .

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 2):
houtenzielRonv69
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:35 pm

simplepipes wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:58 pm
D&R Website is poor . . . 1 pound bags are poor (I just fold over and use a binder clamp) . . . I think Mark (Ryan) runs a minimally staffed organization.

I like their tobaccos . . .

-sp
I am also fond of their tobaccos.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
Ronv69simplepipes
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:37 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:39 pm

You would think it would be easy for someone to say, "Thanks for being such a great customer, and we are glad you are enjoying D&R tobacco. I will pass your note to the guy who specs the bags, and we will see if we can get this problem fixed. Happy smokes - Customer Service"

Instead I got no reply.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Ronv69simplepipes
Tsal...
CoreyR
Founding Member

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:09 am

I think I have posted this before but I have met the D&R folks, at the Raleigh show. They seemed pleasant enough. Sadly though, I have not, as of yet, found a pipe tobacco that I like that is made by them. Note that I say "made" as opposed to "blended." I know I have talked about how I get the feeling that their tobaccos are just cheap RYO cig tobacco which has been sprayed with some chemical flavoring and is now being called, "pipe tobacco." I still have a few to sample.
Thus far I have tried "London Dock," "English Hoopla," "Winter Gold" (oh my was that BAD!), and, I think, "Picayune." I have, on hand to try, "Williams Delight," Three Sails," and "Ramback." To be honest, I am in no tearing hurry to crack the tins and give them a try.
Don't get me wrong, I am certain there are other folks who love this stuff but it is not to my tastes. To me, pipe tobacco is something a bit more...refined, than cigarette tobacco. The difference between good Scotch and, i dunno, generic cola? That has gone flat? But, again, that is how I perceive it. It YOU like D&R then, by all means, have at it. More of the good stuff for me!
This post by CoreyR liked by:
Ronv69
CoreyR
Founding Member

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:10 am

....and they do seem to be nice folks, I am hoping they come out with something that I can like one day.
This post by CoreyR liked by:
Ronv69
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:07 am

I've been kicking around the idea of ordering some of the Rimboche tins to try out
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomsimplepipesBruyere_Royale
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:36 am

Mr Beardsley wrote:
I've been kicking around the idea of ordering some of the Rimboche tins to try out
Do it!
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
Mr Beardsleysimplepipes

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:43 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Do it!
Safe to assume it didn't disappoint you? It's at such a cost effective price point that I was going to snag all 3 varieties and see which one(s) rises to the top for my tastes
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
simplepipesBruyere_Royale
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:03 am

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Do it!
Safe to assume it didn't disappoint you? It's at such a cost effective price point that I was going to snag all 3 varieties and see which one(s) rises to the top for my tastes
The Rimboche AP was good. I have the SJ and AB now as well, but I have not gotten into the tubs yet. For me the AP falls into the all-day category. It does not wow me like a special treat, but it is a solid satisfying smoke I don't get tired of...
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 4):
Mr BeardsleysimplepipesBruyere_RoyaleCoreyR

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:20 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:03 am
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Fr_Tom wrote:

Do it!
The Rimboche AP was good. I have the SJ and AB now as well, but I have not gotten into the tubs yet. For me the AP falls into the all-day category. It does not wow me like a special treat, but it is a solid satisfying smoke I don't get tired of...
Thank you. I always appreciate your input and it sounds like something I'd probably enjoy. In my world not every tobacco needs to be a home run, just solid and enjoyable
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 4):
Kevin KeithsimplepipesBruyere_RoyaleCoreyR