Robert McConnell Heritage

User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:48 pm

I was surfing around on Kohlhase & Kopp's site, attempting to remember high school German class, and I found this:
https://kohlhase-kopp.com/ceemes/zigarr ... nansicht=1

Probably has been found by someone else somewhere on the internet, but It surprised me as I thought for sure that STG would have snagged the Dunhill line.

I sent K&K an email asking if they might try and get it over to the US Market, so we'll see what they say. I really like Dunhill blends and I am also a big fan of Robert McConnell, so this would be super cool if they brought them over.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 3):
ncrobbMikeDennisonoldbill
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:55 am

Just in case anyone cares, I did get a response back from K&K, and it doesn't sound encouraging.

Thank you for your e-mail and interest in our pipe tobaccos!

We are currently working on the re-design of the Robert McConnell Heritage appearance and will come back to you again in due course.

In the case of the USA, we are not sure unfortunately if, due to legal restrictions, these blends will ever see the light of day over there.

Always a good smoke!

Best regards,

Your Kohlhase & Kopp Team
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 3):
ncrobbMikeDennisonoldbill
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Just thought I'd follow up on this since they sent me an email again today. It seems like there may be a glimmer of hope for you Dunhill fans.
Dear Robert McConnell Heritage friend,

We have launched the Robert McConnell Heritage line into the German market. Slowly but surely production for other national markets will follow.

If the tobacco finds its way into your particular market is questionable but not ruled out. You may follow up with your local retailer/online shop for availability.

With best regards,

Your Kohlhase & Kopp Team
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 3):
ncrobbMr BeardsleyMikeDennison
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 pm

I don't think K&K will be able to bring it to the American market because with regulations it will be far too costly. Hate to rain on anyone's parade.

I heard a rumor that someone had purchased the licensing from Dunhill (which would then be eligible for sale here again) and it wasn't K&K.
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
MikeDennison
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 pm
I don't think K&K will be able to bring it to the American market because with regulations it will be far too costly. Hate to rain on anyone's parade.

I heard a rumor that someone had purchased the licensing from Dunhill (which would then be eligible for sale here again) and it wasn't K&K.
This is what I thought too, but I figured I'd keep hope alive.
This post by houtenziel liked by:
Mr Beardsley
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 pm

Looking at the k&K site , makes me want to pop a tin of Ashton Gold Rush , which i will when it finally warms ... i cant wait !
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
User avatar
oldbill
Member in Good Standing
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:11 pm
Location: Kyle, TX

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:32 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 pm
I don't think K&K will be able to bring it to the American market because with regulations it will be far too costly. Hate to rain on anyone's parade.

I heard a rumor that someone had purchased the licensing from Dunhill (which would then be eligible for sale here again) and it wasn't K&K.
This is what I thought too, but I figured I'd keep hope alive.
It's a shame, K&K would be a perfect match with the Dunhill line. I hope they'll reconsider, those were popular tobaccos and I think they'd recoup their investment and then some.
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 2225
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:30 am

oldbill wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:32 pm
houtenziel wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:58 pm
I don't think K&K will be able to bring it to the American market because with regulations it will be far too costly. Hate to rain on anyone's parade.

I heard a rumor that someone had purchased the licensing from Dunhill (which would then be eligible for sale here again) and it wasn't K&K.
This is what I thought too, but I figured I'd keep hope alive.
It's a shame, K&K would be a perfect match with the Dunhill line. I hope they'll reconsider, those were popular tobaccos and I think they'd recoup their investment and then some.
I doubt that. It would probably cost them close to 500k per sku to get fda approval for sale in the states.
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
Peacockoldbill
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
Ruffinogold
The Mayor
Posts: 1558
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:48 pm
Location: Mineral Bluff , Georgia

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:11 am

I wonder if anyone's even paying attention to the " new regulation " from the last administration . Sutliff came out with some new blends ( the one I've tried is pretty damn good too ) and there's been a number of new blends popping up since the stupidity of the new regulation . I don't know , it doesn't seem to have a presence that I can tell , though im sure it is ... I just don't see evidence of it yet
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
Peacockoldbill
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Middle Earth
Active Member
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:06 am

I thought the deeming date got kicked out a bit.
New blends are appearing
This post by Middle Earth liked by:
oldbill
Post Reply