Scandalous!

User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:26 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:57 pm
Looks like Danish Pipe Shop still has the full Dunhill line-up except for 221B. I don't think I've ever seen 221B for sale here in the states(or actually anywhere), but it's possible I just wasn't paying attention.
I am pretty sure I smoked a tin of it once. I can't remember where I got it. I went to TR to jostle my memory, and I never reviewed it, so maybe I just imagined smoking a tin of it.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by:
houtenziel
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Splodger
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:06 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:49 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:57 pm
Looks like Danish Pipe Shop still has the full Dunhill line-up except for 221B. I don't think I've ever seen 221B for sale here in the states(or actually anywhere), but it's possible I just wasn't paying attention.
That makes sense as it’s the only one I haven’t been able to track down on this continent
Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind - Henry James
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Funny. The only two Dunhill blends that I like and smoke you don't have checked off. Lol
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
Splodger
User avatar
sisyphus
Site Admin
Posts: 452
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am
Location: Red Oak, IA

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:25 pm

this is why I have 170 pounds of pipe tobacco in the basement
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:56 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Funny. The only two Dunhill blends that I like and smoke you don't have checked off. Lol
Flake and navy rolls? I snagged a few tins of the flake when their stoppage was announced. Wasn't going to get caught with my shorts down (this time) when the brand was gone for good
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Bruyere_Royale
May contain lead paint
User avatar
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire
Posts: 675
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:20 am

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:59 pm

I like Royal Yacht. :king: I haven't had it in a long time, though.

The key to manufacturing is to make one less than the market demands.
----Just some joker in New Orleans who happens to have time on his hands while running a tiny hotel.
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 3494
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Funny. The only two Dunhill blends that I like and smoke you don't have checked off. Lol
He can't find any because you have bought it all.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by:
Bruyere_Royale
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:56 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:56 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Funny. The only two Dunhill blends that I like and smoke you don't have checked off. Lol
Flake and navy rolls? I snagged a few tins of the flake when their stoppage was announced. Wasn't going to get caught with my shorts down (this time) when the brand was gone for good
Dunhill flake has been a favorite of mine ever since I picked up the pipe. Dunhill DNR I just tried for the first time earlier this year because I ran out of Escudo and they happened to have a few tins at my local B&M. It's really fantastic stuff but very expensive. I wish I never had tried it.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
Mr BeardsleyFr_Tom
User avatar
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Funny. The only two Dunhill blends that I like and smoke you don't have checked off. Lol
He can't find any because you have bought it all.
For some reason I misread what he was asking. I thought he bought all the ones he checked off. :bang:
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by:
Fr_Tom
User avatar
Splodger
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:06 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:57 pm
Fr_Tom wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:02 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Funny. The only two Dunhill blends that I like and smoke you don't have checked off. Lol
He can't find any because you have bought it all.
For some reason I misread what he was asking. I thought he bought all the ones he checked off. :bang:
I have the lot now apart from 221B
This post by Splodger liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_Tom
Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind - Henry James
Post Reply