New Pipe Smoker Question

avid

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:01 am

Whalehead King wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:57 pm
Mixture 79. Now hold on folks before you start saying I'm sabotaging this guy and scaring him from a lifetime of pipe-smoking enjoyment.
Always liked it, plus it is very easy to smoke, in the same tradition as the popular over the counter blends that are recommended to someone new.
This post by avid liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonWhalehead King
insufferable filter guy
Thelonious monkfish
Member in Good Standing

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:28 am

If you're going to jump into aromatics Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic and Cult Blood Red Moon would be my suggestion. Grab a few other blends and try to determine what does and doesn't work for you. Stokkebye Proper English and, if you can find it, Presbyterian are worth a look. And of course, obviously get some Burley blends. Carter Hall, Prince Albert, Granger, SWR...

Also slow down, more of a simmer than burn is what you're aiming for. The unburnt tobacco under the ember is where the flavor is, get it too hot and you can destroy it. Peter Stokkebye blends helped me transition from rolling smokes to packing them, check out their selection too. Get some Bullseye or Navy flake even, really get your toes wet, the deep end has no measurable depth, you couldn't try every blend available if you wanted.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 3):
houtenzielMikeDennisonWhalehead King