Red or Blue?

beeftip

For some reason, I feel like smoking Sillem's red or blue today, but I can't figure out which. I guess I'll have to have them both.

I think I like the red a bit more than the blue. It kind of tastes like Juicy Fruit gum mixed with some sort of berry flavor.

The maple-lime flavor of the blue has kind of grown on me though. I guess it's more like caramel-lime. It's weird but it tastes pretty good.

Green is right out.

Have you tried the Sillem's colors? What do you think?
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I haven't tried them but way you describe them is pretty cool! I like Juicy Fruit...my favorite gum.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

When I saw the thread title, I was afraid we were going to be getting into politics. It was a relief to discover it was about Sillem tobacco.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

beeftip wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:19 pm For some reason, I feel like smoking Sillem's red or blue today, but I can't figure out which. I guess I'll have to have them both.

I think I like the red a bit more than the blue. It kind of tastes like Juicy Fruit gum mixed with some sort of berry flavor.

The maple-lime flavor of the blue has kind of grown on me though. I guess it's more like caramel-lime. It's weird but it tastes pretty good.

Green is right out.

Have you tried the Sillem's colors? What do you think?
These descriptions have just put me on the hunt for what may, really, truly, be the tobaccos I've been waiting all of my adult life to sample.

Based on your description, I'm hungry for these blends...

Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom.
Smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack....

I am stone cold serious.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

the black is a mild latakia blend with a whisper of apple. I've always been one of those anti-aro types, but my impression of Sillem's black was good. I'm also losing the anti-aro mentality as I grow up. I don't mind non-tobacco flavors added, I just don't want anything strong enough to ghost a briar. I think I'm more of a burley with light topping kind of guy.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
beeftip

Whalehead King wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:25 pm
These descriptions have just put me on the hunt for what may, really, truly, be the tobaccos I've been waiting all of my adult life to sample.

Based on your description, I'm hungry for these blends...

Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom, nom.
Smack, smack, smack, smack, smack, smack....

I am stone cold serious.
They are interesting. A bit expensive though. The packaging is cool. You'll want to jar up the tobacco upon opening the box. It's in a cellophane package that doesn't offer much in the way of a hermetic seal.

If you've smoked Erinmore and found it satisfactory, you'll probably enjoy these as well. Not that they taste the same. They are just kind of similar in their "weirdness".