Sealed Bag Longevity Question

Whalehead King

I live in New Orleans, a place that is known for its humidity. From what I've read, Portland, OR isn't in a desert climate. I don't pay any attention to jarring or storage. Where I live, the ambient air humidity takes care of itself. I keep my cigars in humidors but I don't fret over keeping my cigars pristine. Local conditions dictate how to store tobacco. Keep that in mind.

Even a dry tobacco will smoke well and be full of flavor, albeit it may smoke more quickly the drier it is. It'll light faster and there won't be much need for packing technique.

Practice makes perfect and you have to determine what you want out of the pipe after you light it. Some people like a moist pack. Some like to rub it out and let the tobacco sit awhile on a paper towel or whatnot to dry it a bit.

I don't think about any of this. I don't have a large cellar. I buy something, smoke it, then buy some more. I've got stuff lying around in bags and half-full tins that I don't even know what they are anymore. I trust they'll be fine when the time comes to savor them. Call me a codger.
Splodger

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm I live in New Orleans, a place that is known for its humidity. From what I've read, Portland, OR isn't in a desert climate. I don't pay any attention to jarring or storage. Where I live, the ambient air humidity takes care of itself. I keep my cigars in humidors but I don't fret over keeping my cigars pristine. Local conditions dictate how to store tobacco. Keep that in mind.

Even a dry tobacco will smoke well and be full of flavor, albeit it may smoke more quickly the drier it is. It'll light faster and there won't be much need for packing technique.

Practice makes perfect and you have to determine what you want out of the pipe after you light it. Some people like a moist pack. Some like to rub it out and let the tobacco sit awhile on a paper towel or whatnot to dry it a bit.

I don't think about any of this. I don't have a large cellar. I buy something, smoke it, then buy some more. I've got stuff lying around in bags and half-full tins that I don't even know what they are anymore. I trust they'll be fine when the time comes to savor them. Call me a codger.
You're a codger
Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind - Henry James
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Splodger wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:21 pm
Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:12 pm I live in New Orleans, a place that is known for its humidity. From what I've read, Portland, OR isn't in a desert climate. I don't pay any attention to jarring or storage. Where I live, the ambient air humidity takes care of itself. I keep my cigars in humidors but I don't fret over keeping my cigars pristine. Local conditions dictate how to store tobacco. Keep that in mind.

You're a codger
:lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Whalehead King

:oops:
Splodger wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:21 pm

You're a codger
:oops: