Plum Pudding on free fall auction.

kxg

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Please let me know asap if this is an improper post!

For those who love Plum Pudding and don't have a lifetime supply, there is an opportunity at Cigarbid.com (no affiliation).
They have a "free fall" auction and occasionally a pipe tobacco is featured. This week it is Plum Pudding in the 8 oz. tin. The auction starts somewhere in the $45 range and then drops every few seconds, until it hits a low "reset" level, then it starts over. You can bid at any time, but the obvious play is to watch it cycle a few times and get a feel for the low. I've picked up some pretty good bargains on this site, including a few pounds of Plum Pudding on these type auctions.
There is no free shipping; the first item is usually $5.95 and then $1.00 for each additional item. You can set shipping intervals to your liking, up to every 7 days.

FAIR WARNING! This site can be addictive!
This post by kxg liked by (total 7):
JohnBilly JoeMr BeardsleyEllis YouMikeDennisonFr_TomThelonious monkfish
John

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Thanks! I just got a Stanwell two pipe pouch on the same site for $16.
This post by John liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonFr_TomThelonious monkfish
https://cobpipesonly.com - A Corn Cob Pipe Forum
arturo7

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Interesting
This post by arturo7 liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonFr_Tom
ever forward
MikeDennison

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:48 pm

This was NOT a good site for me to pointed too. Lol! The 'baccy will be rollin' in!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
JohnFr_Tom
John

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:22 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
This was NOT a good site for me to pointed too. Lol! The 'baccy will be rollin' in!
Exactly how I felt when my buddies showed me this site. I usually go for the freefall items, but have got some great deals on bidding as well. If you score a couple of items, they will bundle them together to save shipping costs, also dependent on how you have your shipping days set up.
This post by John liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonFr_Tom
John

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 pm

After staring at the screen for the lowest price, I finally hit the buy button at $25.77. Thanks for the tip!
This post by John liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonkxgFr_Tom
MikeDennison

Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:35 am

John wrote:
MikeDennison wrote:
Exactly how I felt when my buddies showed me this site. I usually go for the freefall items, but have got some great deals on bidding as well. If you score a couple of items, they will bundle them together to save shipping costs, also dependent on how you have your shipping days set up.
I'd say that 15 bucks for a tin of SWR is a pretty good deal! Plus I snagged a few pouches of stuff I like at 2 bucks each. So yeah... Not a good site for me!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
kxgFr_Tom
kxg

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:03 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:35 am
John wrote:
MikeDennison wrote:
I'd say that 15 bucks for a tin of SWR is a pretty good deal! Plus I snagged a few pouches of stuff I like at 2 bucks each. So yeah... Not a good site for me!
Tell me about it. Over the last few weeks I stocked up on 3#'s of Plum Pudding and more than a few tins of various tobacco, plus did some accessory shopping for Christmas gifts (a few to me, of course). My son-in-law is taking up the pipe, so I'm in charge of his Christmas...a bit like handing a drunk the key to the liquor store. I'm buying some cellar stock under the guise of Christmas shopping!
This post by kxg liked by (total 3):
Fr_TomMikeDennisonJohn
steamboat

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:40 pm

I cant believe i never knew about Cigarbid, and i am not thrilled about learning about it. I have like 8 lots on watch, mostly cigars. I smoke both pipes and cigars, and in all honestly prefer cigar smoking to pipe smoking, but its seasonal for me since i now live in the tundra called Maine. Its pipe smoking indoors by the wood stove for me, till the weather gets about 18 degrees for a bit.
This post by steamboat liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonkxgJohn
Wooda
Founding Member

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:43 pm

I could feed my cigarillo addiction for pennies a day...
This post by Wooda liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonJohn
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.