Anyone try these new crumble cakes !?

Lord Guyrox

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:00 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:56 am
Lord Guyrox wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:39 am
They sure did get my attention. However, for some unexplainable reason, I do not do well with the tobacco manufactured by Sutliff. Maybe it has to do with a chemistry compatibility thing. In any case I am very hesitant to acquire some.
Sutliff blends do tend to tingle my tongue pretty good too. Especially the blends where humectant is used heavily, I can get some serious bite if I don't put a paper filter in between me and the tobacco(I had the exact same problem with a large majority of McClelland blends). However, I like some of their blends so much (like EGR) that I tolerate it. I will say this though - the Crumble Kake blends are the most natural, unadulterated of any Sutliff blend I've tried.
Ahhhhhhh, I just might rid myself of my hesitation, then. What do I have to lose? :lol:
You are really convincing, mate.
This post by Lord Guyrox liked by (total 2):
houtenzielFr_Tom
WHAT HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION?

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Well , it sounds like theyve tried to make a McClellandish styled Virginia, which is damn good news . I'm a lover of Mcclellands Tawny Flake and if it's similar enough , I'd be thrilled.i was expecting someone to step up and shoot for a McClelland like flavor , given the demise McClelland , and I'm guessing Sutliff has . Can't wait to try it !!
This post by Ruffinogold liked by:
Fr_Tom
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm

So , @houtenziel .... sent me an assortment of some things , Sutliff Vaper Crumble Cake being one . Just got it out of the mailbox a bit ago .... went inside and grabbed my Dunhill Innertube and firedit up ..... it's very good stuff !!!!!!!!!!! I'll write more about it after I smoke more of it and dry some as well . It's lovely

Thank you , Houtenziel .. I will have a package out to you tomorrow or Saturday latest
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 3):
houtenzielFr_TomMr Beardsley
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
houtenziel

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
So , @houtenziel .... sent me an assortment of some things , Sutliff Vaper Crumble Cake being one . Just got it out of the mailbox a bit ago .... went inside and grabbed my Dunhill Innertube and firedit up ..... it's very good stuff !!!!!!!!!!! I'll write more about it after I smoke more of it and dry some as well . It's lovely

Thank you , Houtenziel .. I will have a package out to you tomorrow or Saturday latest
I am really curious to hear your thoughts on the Crumble Kake. Also kind of curious how you think the Mississippi River compares, as they seemed a little similar to me. I am admittedly not a big fan of the Va/Per category, so my palate may not be the most accurate.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 2):
Fr_TomRuffinogold
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:50 pm

houtenziel wrote:
Ruffinogold wrote:

I am really curious to hear your thoughts on the Crumble Kake. Also kind of curious how you think the Mississippi River compares, as they seemed a little similar to me. I am admittedly not a big fan of the Va/Per category, so my palate may not be the most accurate.
I may be waaaaaaaaaay off base, but I'm pretty sure that Sutliff produces the SPC stuff too (I mean they even use the same cardboard "tins") and of course we know that Sutliff produces all of the cake flake things for watch city. So similarities in taste across brands wouldn't shock me at all
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
Fr_Tom
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
MikeDennison

Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Sutliff VaPer Crumble Cake is goooooooood. Thanks, @houtenziel!
This post by MikeDennison liked by (total 2):
Fr_Tomhoutenziel
houtenziel

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:11 pm

Mr Beardsley wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:50 pm
houtenziel wrote:
Ruffinogold wrote:

I may be waaaaaaaaaay off base, but I'm pretty sure that Sutliff produces the SPC stuff too (I mean they even use the same cardboard "tins") and of course we know that Sutliff produces all of the cake flake things for watch city. So similarities in taste across brands wouldn't shock me at all
No, you are totally correct. They do produce the stuff for SPC.. that was kind of why I made the comparison. They seem oddly similar to me - like if you took the Latakia and black cav out of the Mississippi River, you'd essentially have Crumble Kake VaPer.
This post by houtenziel liked by (total 2):
Mr BeardsleyMikeDennison
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK