Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:25 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm
Billy Joe wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm Trout Stream
North woods
Boswell Premium burley
Classic burley kake
Kendal plug
That Trout Stream is really good stuff. CBK is just in a class of it's own, IMO.
The hearth & home lineup has some stellar blends in it. Classic burley kake is fantastic and if you like to dip your toes into the VaPer pool Anniversary kake is right there towards the top as well. I have a tin of Magnum Opus which came highly recommended from a friend I trust. I'm told another friend of mine is going to set me up with a tin of Viprati, so we shall see. Louisiana Red and AJ's VaPer are both good. And the now discontinued Old Tartan is a real good smoke for me. I'm sure there's plenty more, but that's what I remember off the top of my head
When I smoked English style stuff I used to love Larry's Blend. Really good! That and Squadron Leader(not h&h).
The Troll Whisperer
oubobcat

I smoke Kramer's Father Dempsey almost exclusively but I do keep

Escudo Navy De Luxe (VaPer)
Newminster No. 400 (Straight Virginia)

on hand

OUB
Big fan for Kramer's Father Dempsey
Arkansas Paul

SG Full Virginia Flake
Rattray's Hal o the Wynd
Prince Albert (my driving tobacco)
C&D Autumn Evening (one of the few aros I like, and I like it a lot)
"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
-Albert Einstein, 1950

"It has been my experience that those who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-Abe Lincoln
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Would any of you care to describe the qualities of Granger to me? I'm working down the list of codger blends and this is one that I have not found locally.

FYI - Just tried Half and Half for the first time last night and really enjoyed it! If I cut it ~30% with Carter Hall I could go steady with it.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:09 pm Would any of you care to describe the qualities of Granger to me? I'm working down the list of codger blends and this is one that I have not found locally.

FYI - Just tried Half and Half for the first time last night and really enjoyed it! If I cut it ~30% with Carter Hall I could go steady with it.
It's a typical codger burley. Nutty, slightly aromatic. Lightly sweet, I get some of the dried fruit (raisiny) from the topping. Typical "old time" pipe aroma. You know what I mean.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bro Uhaha wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:09 pm Would any of you care to describe the qualities of Granger to me? I'm working down the list of codger blends and this is one that I have not found locally.

Here is a link to my review on TR. https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/11 ... eview51725
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Dr Uhaha

Thank you, gentlemen - very much appreciated.

I'm going to make a bet on a can by mail and see what happens. All of the other old standards still in production are obtainable in my area, but this one has been elusive.
JTWilliams

C&D Haunted Bookshop
Captain Black
Lane BCA
SWR
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Here is a link to my review on TR. https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/11 ... eview51725
Perfect!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha

I see you hiding in there. It's no use.