Cherry Blends

Monkey

Hey everyone! I really like Balkan blends, Virginia flakes and Lakelands, but now I’m married and my wife who actively likes the smell of cherry blends being smoked.

She doesn’t mind the blends I like, and she likes the smell of a cigar and will smoke one on the rare occasion, but I would like to filter in a few aromatic blends for her enjoyment.

I have 1Q in my cart because I know I can hang with that, but not sure on the cherry. I’ve had CAO cherry bomb and wasn’t a fan. If I could get a G&H cherry I’d try those, but I’m really at a loss here. Not many aria but I’ve had a few testers at the local pipe shop here in Tampa who do their own blends, but no big winners.

What do you all like?
Mikeb717

The only cherry blend that I can say I liked was Casey Jones Last Ride,only place I know of that sells it is Pipes and Cigars,has a good room note,they say Cult Blood Red Moon is really good but I haven’t tried it.I have been smoking mostly English and VaPers for a while so I really don’t get anything out of aros anymore sadly but if I’m going to be around my Wife when I’m smoking I will grab Last Ride or Peterson Connoisseur’s Choice which she really likes.
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

If you don't like CAO Cherrybomb, you might consider Peterson - Sunset Breeze as an alternative. It's not a heavy chemical cherry, rather it's a light amaretto aro. This is ribbon cut Black Cavendish, Burley and VA with an amaretto topping and IMHO it's pretty good smelling stuff. Who knows, she may like it just as much as cherry.

Reviews on TobaccoReviews.com indicate fairly positive remarks with a random one star from people who hate Peterson's toppings. Looks like you can get a small pouch for about $3 from PipesandCigars.com. Worth a try anyway. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I like Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish when it comes to my fix... I've read that Cult Blood Red Moon is a popular one. G&H Top Black Cherry and Cherry Cream flake are more subtle and not what you'd expect by the name, more of a pouch note than flavor wise. Low Country Cherry is one that Kevin smokes and seems to like.
The Troll Whisperer
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Dang, I ran long-winded in my first suggestion lost my train of thought... failed to mention Lane Limited - Dark Red. It's a Black Cavendish with black cherry, vanilla and caramel flavorings. I smoke this stuff quite regularly but never really thought of it as a 'cherry'... weird. Anywhoo... it might be something that tastes better for you while giving her an aro she can enjoy. Highly positive reviews on TobaccoReviews.com if it matters. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I haven't had a ton of cherry blends but my favorite was also Casey Jones last ride
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

Lane Very Cherry gets approval from my wife and it’s bulk.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Monkey

Awesome. Got some things to add to the cart lol.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Don't really smoke aromatic stuff but I'll give anything a try. For what it's worth I find Cavendish smells good but tastes musty and off to me so I may not be wired for goopers. Having had my share of Cherry blends I'd recommend Cult Blood Red Moon and nothing else, find anything better and let me know, if this came in bulk I would probably get a pound. I don't smoke aromatics so that's a solid recommendation for me. It's Cherry and a bit of chocolate, not my thing but it nails it.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I think that [mention]Kevin Keith[/mention] likes the Low Country Cherry. I have smoked a couple that I liked. G&H Top Black Cherry is good and so is Middleton Cherry. The Middleton is no longer produced, and I can't speak to the Mid-Town match.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017