Cherry Blends

avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:25 pm
steamboat wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:21 pm All taste buds are subjective. I have bought Cult Blood Moon to give it a go. Its one of 2 blends that ever made my trash bin, the other being Sutliff Chocolate Mouse. Cult Blood Moon to my pallet tasted like artificial cherry cough syrup, and got zero natural tobacco flavor from it. It actually made me want to never try another cherry blend. If i was to retry i would check out maybe the GH Cherry Flake. The Europeans do not do aromatics the same way USA does. There usually tobacco forward with a hint of the casing within the blend for an after taste. This is all my opinion from my own pallet, and do not mean to bash Cult products, or from whom ever enjoys them.
I felt the same way about Captain Black Cherry, Robitussin.
little jelly you didn't start this thread...? oh yeah... 8-)
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:27 pm
steamboat wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:21 pm All taste buds are subjective. I have bought Cult Blood Moon to give it a go. Its one of 2 blends that ever made my trash bin, the other being Sutliff Chocolate Mouse. Cult Blood Moon to my pallet tasted like artificial cherry cough syrup, and got zero natural tobacco flavor from it. It actually made me want to never try another cherry blend. If i was to retry i would check out maybe the GH Cherry Flake. The Europeans do not do aromatics the same way USA does. There usually tobacco forward with a hint of the casing within the blend for an after taste. This is all my opinion from my own pallet, and do not mean to bash Cult products, or from whom ever enjoys them.
I have already found my Cherry paradise!
The Troll Whisperer
avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:30 pm
there is a term for that, but i'll defer... :)
insufferable filter guy
Tsal
Forum Decorum

avid wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:32 pm

You have a term for everything. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
avid

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:44 pm
avid wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:32 pm

You have a term for everything. Lol
i might
insufferable filter guy
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm
CoreyR wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 am
I do hate to contradict you there but Middleton Cherry IS still available. I have seen it in the smoke shop where I pick up my OTCs, a few months ago and I checked Altrias' website just now. It is listed under "Middleton" and "our products and ingredients."
Ya had me scared there for a minute and wondering how many pouches I have on hand? Now I am thinking I should see if I can get a tub and set it aside?? :o
I found some in a RYO shop in Michigan last summer and bought 3 or 4 pouches thinking I might not see it again. I was convinced they had quit making it. I am glad they are.
Just a note for you guys, Middleton Cherry is not available in tubs, has not been for a few years by now I believe. Also it's not a cherry blend, it's named after a street in Philly.
I've seen this said by several people and the history of John Middleton seems to align. When you go through all the reviews on TR, every single person swears up and down that it has a cherry topping. I need to buy a pouch and see for myself.. I usually hate cherry anything so it could get interesting.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 pm

I found some in a RYO shop in Michigan last summer and bought 3 or 4 pouches thinking I might not see it again. I was convinced they had quit making it. I am glad they are.
Just a note for you guys, Middleton Cherry is not available in tubs, has not been for a few years by now I believe. Also it's not a cherry blend, it's named after a street in Philly.
I've seen this said by several people and the history of John Middleton seems to align. When you go through all the reviews on TR, every single person swears up and down that it has a cherry topping. I need to buy a pouch and see for myself.. I usually hate cherry anything so it could get interesting.
They're fooling themselves, if it had vanilla in the name they would taste it in there too.
Monkey

And my wish list is getting bigger...
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 pm

I went back to check my review, and it seems I was not convinced of Cherry flavor, so not EVERY review says it has a cherry topping.

"I bought a couple of pouches of this I found in an Admiral tobacco store in Michigan. I had heard it was no longer in production, and I wanted to try it. The tobacco itself looks like a slightly darker Carter Hall with a sweet smell that is a little nondescript. If someone told me it was cotton candy, I would believe that was the intent, but it is not exactly cotton candy. I can believe it is supposed to be cherry, but in a blind test, I would not identify it as cherry. It came at a good moisture for smoking."
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Dangitall... Now you guys got me wanting a bowl of something cherry :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin