Cherry Blends

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:37 am

The Mid-Town Cherry is one I have always wanted to get but usually got Chatham Manor, Prince Andrew, and Derby Club. Lately they have priced it out of my range. Get some Middleton while you can. It's only in pouches now. http://wvsmokeshop.com/middletonscherryblend.aspx
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 4):
GrimpeurThelonious monkfishMonkeyRuffinogold
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:10 am

Kevin Keith wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:37 am
The Mid-Town Cherry is one I have always wanted to get but usually got Chatham Manor, Prince Andrew, and Derby Club. Lately they have priced it out of my range. Get some Middleton while you can. It's only in pouches now. http://wvsmokeshop.com/middletonscherryblend.aspx
The current price is too rich for my blood too. Middleton Cherry was good, but it was not SO good that I am going to pay bucks deluxe for a match that may miss the mark for my taste buds. Prince Andrew, Derby Club and Chestnut are the jewels in the Mid-Town crown for me.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
GrimpeurThelonious monkfishMonkey
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
CoreyR
Founding Member

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:53 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:31 am
I think that @Kevin Keith likes the Low Country Cherry. I have smoked a couple that I liked. G&H Top Black Cherry is good and so is Middleton Cherry. The Middleton is no longer produced, and I can't speak to the Mid-Town match.
I do hate to contradict you there but Middleton Cherry IS still available. I have seen it in the smoke shop where I pick up my OTCs, a few months ago and I checked Altrias' website just now. It is listed under "Middleton" and "our products and ingredients."
Ya had me scared there for a minute and wondering how many pouches I have on hand? Now I am thinking I should see if I can get a tub and set it aside?? :o

Back to the original thread topic though, in Cherry OTCs, and another Middleton too, how about Prince Albert Cherry Vanilla? I am not big on aros but, as I recall, it is a decent smoke, soft and pleasant, with a pleasing room note.
Just my two cents worth.

Oh, I do like "Hobbits Weed," by Tewksbury. Now that one is no longer available but 4 Noggins makes a decent match. Good cherry flavor in it too.
That's my 4 cents worth! :D
This post by CoreyR liked by (total 4):
GrimpeurThelonious monkfishBruyere_RoyaleMonkey
buistd

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:05 pm

I can recommend Samuel Gawith Celtic Talisman and Black Cherry. Best all out aromatics that I tried
This post by buistd liked by (total 2):
MonkeyRuffinogold
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm

CoreyR wrote:

I do hate to contradict you there but Middleton Cherry IS still available. I have seen it in the smoke shop where I pick up my OTCs, a few months ago and I checked Altrias' website just now. It is listed under "Middleton" and "our products and ingredients."
Ya had me scared there for a minute and wondering how many pouches I have on hand? Now I am thinking I should see if I can get a tub and set it aside?? :o
I found some in a RYO shop in Michigan last summer and bought 3 or 4 pouches thinking I might not see it again. I was convinced they had quit making it. I am glad they are.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishBruyere_RoyaleMonkey
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Thelonious monkfish

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Fr_Tom wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm
CoreyR wrote:

I found some in a RYO shop in Michigan last summer and bought 3 or 4 pouches thinking I might not see it again. I was convinced they had quit making it. I am glad they are.
Just a note for you guys, Middleton Cherry is not available in tubs, has not been for a few years by now I believe. Also it's not a cherry blend, it's named after a street in Philly.
steamboat

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:21 pm

All taste buds are subjective. I have bought Cult Blood Moon to give it a go. Its one of 2 blends that ever made my trash bin, the other being Sutliff Chocolate Mouse. Cult Blood Moon to my pallet tasted like artificial cherry cough syrup, and got zero natural tobacco flavor from it. It actually made me want to never try another cherry blend. If i was to retry i would check out maybe the GH Cherry Flake. The Europeans do not do aromatics the same way USA does. There usually tobacco forward with a hint of the casing within the blend for an after taste. This is all my opinion from my own pallet, and do not mean to bash Cult products, or from whom ever enjoys them.
This post by steamboat liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleFr_TomMonkey
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:25 pm

steamboat wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:21 pm
All taste buds are subjective. I have bought Cult Blood Moon to give it a go. Its one of 2 blends that ever made my trash bin, the other being Sutliff Chocolate Mouse. Cult Blood Moon to my pallet tasted like artificial cherry cough syrup, and got zero natural tobacco flavor from it. It actually made me want to never try another cherry blend. If i was to retry i would check out maybe the GH Cherry Flake. The Europeans do not do aromatics the same way USA does. There usually tobacco forward with a hint of the casing within the blend for an after taste. This is all my opinion from my own pallet, and do not mean to bash Cult products, or from whom ever enjoys them.
I felt the same way about Captain Black Cherry, Robitussin.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
steamboatFr_TomMonkey
Tsal... 🎳 Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:40 pm

Sutliff black cordial was very good for about a half bowl and then it started to smell and taste a bit like burning plastic to me. Your experience may be different since I don't see too many complaints about it on TR
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
Fr_TomMonkey
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
vwdeano

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Hmmm, I must be a cherry junkie... Enjoyed both cult blood red moon and Casey Jones Last ride... Lane Dark Red is good, as well.

and I admit to being OK with the captain black cherry, too. I suspect they all smell dandy to an "onlooker", but your palate may enjoy one or the other better than another. Perhaps some lane black raspberry as an alternative?

I only have one that I wouldn't recommend-Paladin... Doesn't bother me at all, but so many people feel so strongly about it, I'd feel bad recommending it. and my tastebuds may be suspect, LOL.
This post by vwdeano liked by (total 4):
Fr_TomMonkeyBruyere_RoyaleRuffinogold
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.