Lane limited ready rubbed

Bigflo

I was considering a purchase of some lane limited ready rubbed and I was wondering if it was as good as everyone says it is. Any thoughts
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

It's good, but I prefer Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match. I find the Sutliff Match closer to the original Edgeworth RR.
Bigflo

Are they considered aromatic I currently only smoke butternut burley but I’m trying to find something like that I’ve tried several aros and they all bite me bad.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

It's more of an old school codger burley. It's got some cocoa notes, and supposed to have a bit of molasses...though I don't taste it. I don't find it bitey at all.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Bigflo

I may have to give it a try broaden my horizons so to speak
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Bigflo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 am I may have to give it a try broaden my horizons so to speak
You may like it!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Bigflo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am Are they considered aromatic I currently only smoke butternut burley but I’m trying to find something like that I’ve tried several aros and they all bite me bad.
If you like Butternut Burley, you'll love Scotty's Trout Stream from Pipes & Cigars. It's backordered right now, but they restock very quickly.

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/scotty ... o/1473163/
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ray Mackessy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:10 am
Bigflo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am Are they considered aromatic I currently only smoke butternut burley but I’m trying to find something like that I’ve tried several aros and they all bite me bad.
If you like Butternut Burley, you'll love Scotty's Trout Stream from Pipes & Cigars. It's backordered right now, but they restock very quickly.

Trout Steam is very good!
Bigflo

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 pm
Ray Mackessy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:10 am

Trout Steam is very good!
I actually have tried trout stream it is pretty good
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I would call the ready rubbed matches a nice go-between from aro to non-aro. As was said earlier they are more of a mild all day codger burley type blend with hints of aromatic. The Sutliff version is king in my experience as well
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin