Lane limited ready rubbed

Bigflo
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm
Location: West Virginia

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:37 am

I was considering a purchase of some lane limited ready rubbed and I was wondering if it was as good as everyone says it is. Any thoughts
This post by Bigflo liked by:
MikeDennison
User avatar
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:48 am
Location: South Carolina

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:56 am

It's good, but I prefer Sutliff Ready Rubbed Match. I find the Sutliff Match closer to the original Edgeworth RR.
This post by Ray Mackessy liked by (total 4):
MikeDennisonBigfloBruyere_RoyaleKevin Keith
Bigflo
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm
Location: West Virginia

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am

Are they considered aromatic I currently only smoke butternut burley but I’m trying to find something like that I’ve tried several aros and they all bite me bad.
This post by Bigflo liked by:
MikeDennison
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 1601
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:24 am

It's more of an old school codger burley. It's got some cocoa notes, and supposed to have a bit of molasses...though I don't taste it. I don't find it bitey at all.
This post by MikeDennison liked by:
Bigflo
Bigflo
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm
Location: West Virginia

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 am

I may have to give it a try broaden my horizons so to speak
This post by Bigflo liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonBruyere_Royale
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 1601
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 am

Bigflo wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 am
I may have to give it a try broaden my horizons so to speak
You may like it!
User avatar
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:48 am
Location: South Carolina

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:10 am

Bigflo wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am
Are they considered aromatic I currently only smoke butternut burley but I’m trying to find something like that I’ve tried several aros and they all bite me bad.
If you like Butternut Burley, you'll love Scotty's Trout Stream from Pipes & Cigars. It's backordered right now, but they restock very quickly.


https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/scotty ... o/1473163/
This post by Ray Mackessy liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonhoutenziel
User avatar
MikeDennison
Senior Member
Posts: 1601
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 pm

Ray Mackessy wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:10 am
Bigflo wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am
Are they considered aromatic I currently only smoke butternut burley but I’m trying to find something like that I’ve tried several aros and they all bite me bad.
If you like Butternut Burley, you'll love Scotty's Trout Stream from Pipes & Cigars. It's backordered right now, but they restock very quickly.


https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/scotty ... o/1473163/
Trout Steam is very good!
This post by MikeDennison liked by:
houtenziel
Bigflo
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm
Location: West Virginia

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:02 pm

MikeDennison wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 pm
Ray Mackessy wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:10 am
Bigflo wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am
Are they considered aromatic I currently only smoke butternut burley but I’m trying to find something like that I’ve tried several aros and they all bite me bad.
If you like Butternut Burley, you'll love Scotty's Trout Stream from Pipes & Cigars. It's backordered right now, but they restock very quickly.


https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/scotty ... o/1473163/
Trout Steam is very good!
I actually have tried trout stream it is pretty good
This post by Bigflo liked by:
MikeDennison
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 1922
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:10 pm

I would call the ready rubbed matches a nice go-between from aro to non-aro. As was said earlier they are more of a mild all day codger burley type blend with hints of aromatic. The Sutliff version is king in my experience as well
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by:
MikeDennison
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Post Reply