Well That Was Real Fast

User avatar
Middle Earth
Active Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:11 pm

It came and went within minutes.
Most did not notice or even care.
But the ship passed in the night.
I tried, but missed the boat.
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithThelonious monkfishGrimpeur
User avatar
houtenziel
Senior Member
Posts: 1519
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:58 pm
Location: Oregon

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:13 pm

Middle Earth wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:11 pm
It came and went within minutes.
Most did not notice or even care.
But the ship passed in the night.
I tried, but missed the boat.
uhh.. what?
"Today is a good day for a good day." - KK
User avatar
Middle Earth
Active Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:30 pm

Penzance, as usual
SP sent me an email
I was diverted
Minutes later, no mas
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 3):
Kevin KeithPeacockThelonious monkfish
User avatar
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah
Posts: 2176
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:59 pm
Location: Port Isabel

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Middle Earth wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:30 pm
Penzance, as usual
SP sent me an email
I was diverted
Minutes later, no mas
And a common lament for sure. Better luck next time!
This post by Kevin Keith liked by (total 3):
PeacockMaynardThelonious monkfish
User avatar
Middle Earth
Active Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 pm

I have a large stash, but always will buy more if the opportunity presents itself.
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 4):
PeacockMr BeardsleyMaynardThelonious monkfish
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 1640
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:48 am

Middle Earth wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 pm
I have a large stash, but always will buy more if the opportunity presents itself.
I have a small stash and would definitely add a bag or couple more tins to it
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
PeacockMaynardThelonious monkfish
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:50 am

I've had a few bowls on Penzance, it's nice but I'm not big on Latakia. Have not had anything else from them and at this point don't want to say I hate the brand but that I seem to abhor even bothering with them. Almost glad I don't know what I'm missing as I doubt it's worth the frustration or price. Good luck, I've given up on them so that's one less person to compete with, not sure it matters as the real obstacle is those with a lifetime supply that keep bulking up. Godspeed.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 2):
PeacockMrm1775
User avatar
Middle Earth
Active Member
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:03 pm
Location: Middle Earth

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:34 am

You should try Stonehaven.
I have one bag.
When it gets sliced open I will send you a sample.
This post by Middle Earth liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMrm1775
User avatar
Peacock
Active Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:56 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:36 am

Thelonious monkfish wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:50 am
I've had a few bowls on Penzance, it's nice but I'm not big on Latakia. Have not had anything else from them and at this point don't want to say I hate the brand but that I seem to abhor even bothering with them. Almost glad I don't know what I'm missing as I doubt it's worth the frustration or price. Good luck, I've given up on them so that's one less person to compete with, not sure it matters as the real obstacle is those with a lifetime supply that keep bulking up. Godspeed.
I think the real obstacle is the internet hype cycle and it's apparent unavailability. I would bet that a large portion of purchases come from first-time buyers who just want to take a picture to share with their online compatriots. It's the allure of getting something so hard to get in a era where instant gratification is the standard. :lurk:
This post by Peacock liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishMr BeardsleyMrm1775
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 am

Middle Earth wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:34 am
You should try Stonehaven.
I have one bag.
When it gets sliced open I will send you a sample.
I would not be opposed and it would be appreciated. Thought I should try that one myself but after so many years I conceded and figured it would never happen.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by:
Mrm1775
Post Reply