Bitch , Moan , Cry and Groan ......

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I have one measly jar jam packed with the last bit of Edgeworth RR here, Sutliff is the closest but it's more of a dry cocoa profile whereas Edgeworth was pure molasses Burley goodness. A garage full of tubs could persuade me of all my tobacco and pipes save for a cob to burn it in. It would require a moment of delineation but presented such an opportunity that would be brief.

The disappearing OTC problem is only getting worse, I still buy tubs of CH and PA at the grocery store. Always have, never a tobacco shop or online. Those days have already slipped away and are circling the drain. It will never be cheaper than now. It will never be more available than now.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 pm
arturo7 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Kohlhause and Kopp, Germany.
Danke
[/quote]

Sorry I probably shouldn't have assumed everyone would be familiar with the initials. But they are the blending house currently making the products for fribourg and Treyer, astleys, rattray's, wessex, solani, McConnell, etc etc
[/quote]

The Germans are the masters with tobacco . There are some American and Brit stuff thst is masterful but the damn Germans really kill it in tbe broad sense
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
slowroll
Founding Member

Your problem Ruff, is, you fell in love with too many tobaccos :facepalm:
Me, i'm still lamenting the demise of the old Balkan Sobranie 759.
www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've got a few McLelland tins in my cellar....just a few...including a 2016 Holiday Spirit. Now I don't wanna open'em. Ever. :cry:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

ncrobb wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:08 pm Pike Place. I never even had a chance to buy any. A gentleman I met in Birmingham gave me about an ounce and said don’t get used to, they don’t sell it anymore. I was immediately in love. I’ve heard that Seattle Pipe Club has a crumble cake version of it out but I’m afraid it won’t be the same. That and the Mayor did me the same way with some vintage Three Nuns and Old Grandad. Both were good stuff. Or would that be “stuffs”? Grammar is not my strong point.
So I might as well get flamed some more. I have a lot of Pike Place, including many 8 oz tins. A Burley based Balken that is to me, as good as it gets for a Balkan. It got disappeared like a Soviet era dissident air-brushed out of all existing photographs. Tobacco Reviews removed all traces. Google will give you a little info, but not much. Pike Place plays hard-ball with their trade-mark.
Middle Earth

9 Iron wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:17 pm I’d give my left nut for a few tins of Blackwoods flake.
So I know I will get flamed some more, but I have a lot of Blackwoods tins aging away.
To make amends, I will keep track of those who miss whatever, Blackwoods, etc and spread some out when my command center is completed this spring. Just need some interior finish and many shelves. Not sure my nuts have much utility and for sure no value.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I went to buy another tub of Heine's Blend and it was outta stock, the snobs/hoarders are moving in... :evil:
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am I went to buy another tub of Heine's Blend and it was outta stock, the snobs/hoarders are moving in... :evil:
They have turned from McClelland and Esoterica to Heine's Blend.

Next it will be selling at 4noggins for $1500 a tub.

https://www.4noggins.com/dunhill-standa ... 1-1-2.aspx
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:44 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 am I went to buy another tub of Heine's Blend and it was outta stock, the snobs/hoarders are moving in... :evil:
They have turned from McClelland and Esoterica to Heine's Blend.

Next it will be selling at 4noggins for $1500 a tub.

https://www.4noggins.com/dunhill-standa ... 1-1-2.aspx
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Arkansas Paul

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 pm McClelland and their Ketchup blends I wasn't into . Their non ketchup Virginia's were great .
This is my main bitch, moan etc.
I never met a McClelland Virginia I didn't like.
I have 16 tins in the cellar, 6 of which are 100g tins. Not nearly enough.

Welcome.
"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
-Albert Einstein, 1950

"It has been my experience that those who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-Abe Lincoln