If you like making love at midnight...

Whalehead King

I don't have to dream about the Panama Jack tobacco factory in the sky. I smoke Panama Jack tropical blends.

PJ Mango: I presented the tin to Mrs. King and told her to take a whiff. "Oh, that's sweet. It smells like you cut a mango open," she said. I hadn't showed her the tin art or told here what the blend was. She nailed it on the first whiff. This stuff is ripe like a mango fell off the tree and into your lap. It does smell sweet.

In the pipe it doesn't taste sweet, which I like. It doesn't really even taste like tropical fruit, which I also like. It has its own distinct flavor but I'm not transported to a Carribbean isle when I smoke Panama Jack Mango. It tastes like something, but I can't put my finger on what exactly that something is. It's fruity, yes, but I cannot say it is mango-y in the bowl. The tin note is over-the-top pure overripe mango. The palette note is fruit but not overly mango. The room note is fruity, too, but unless someone told you it's mango, that would be your third or fourth guess. Burley forward, mango to the margins of the smoke.

I like it. It's not as good as Key Lime. I really liked the Key Lime and I'll buy that again. The Mango blend? I'm not too impressed. It's okay but there is nothing there in the bowl that makes it stand out. Save your money. Key Lime +5: I'd pay 20 bucks for a good sized tine of Key Lime. Mango: Even Steven. I'll smoke it but I don't have a reason to buy it again.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by your man in the field going where few pipe smokers dare to go----into Panama Jack tobacco territory. https://www.panamajack.com. They don't have a tobacco tab on their website menu.

Here's what it's like to live with Mrs. King:

I'm a lucky man. Mrs. King and all the Panama Jack pipe tobacco I care to smoke. Life is good.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

That DQ commercial is amazing.
Whalehead King

I gotta tell ya: Stanwell Melange is better than Panama Jack Lime or Mango.

There. I said it.
Whalehead King

You know I love everything Japanese pop culture.

I misplaced my second tin of Panama Jack flavored tobacco so, in lieu of that, I've gone through a tin of Stanwell Melange (tasty as the day is long) and a tin of Orlik Racing Green (which was a tin that I flew through it was so good, bowl after bowl). I'm working on my second tine of Melange but I was at my desk in my home office today and I found the tin of Panama Jack that I had misplaced.

I didn't read it, but I think it's pineapple Panama Jack. I may be wrong. I think I already smoked the mango tin---I'm not going through this thread to figure out what I've smoked from that order. I don't have that much tolerance for nonsense but if you do, please go back to page one to follow my documented progress. I'm just here for the journey. I think the tin I have on my desk, long buried under a pile of papers and hats, is pineapple. I sure hope so. I know it's no Pina Colada. That's on the desk I'm using now to write up this report (about nothing). I'm saving Pina Colada for last.

So, the tin I'm going to start after I finish the latest tin of Melange may be pineapple but, as I think it over, it's probably mango. I think I started with lime. Or this tin may be some other tropical fruit I haven't remembered. I hope that tobacco is as good as this song:

The adventure continues. Fasten your seatbelts. It's been a wild ride so far. It's about to get even more hair-raising!
Middle Earth

Agree Orlik Racing Green
Super good all day smoke
I reviewed some a while back
I cannot see anyone hating on it
Many will like it and many will love it
Some will not care one way or another
Whalehead King

Middle Earth wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:22 am ....Some will not care one way or another
Truer words were never spoken. You are very sagacious. :thumbs: Your observation equally applies to the contents of this thriller-filler of a thread. ;)
Middle Earth

Well, my Hillbilly wisdom comes from running a small still and a small meth lab in the Ozarks.
Big words like "sagacious" escape me
So I decline to acquiesce to such notions
We be but humble Hillibies with GBDs
"a free and untrammeled people who live in the hills, have no means to speak of, dresses as we can, talks as we pleases, drinks whiskey when we gets it, and fires off our revolver as the fancy takes us."
Welcome to the Ozarks

BTW, this Thread is a stem-winder

BTW, we do like our cobs.

BTW, what is this Panama Jack????
Sounds like some Parrot-gead type deal
Five Brothers, no other, got it.
Whalehead King

I found my tin of Panama Jack Piña Colada pipe tobacco.

I'm about halfway through the tin. Piña Colada is no Key Lime.

Spoiler alert: I think I prefer to get caught in the rain. I am not starring in the following video:

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:07 pm
Spoiler alert: I think I prefer to get caught in the rain. I am not starring in the following video:

The guy does have a stylin' hat, but I would say it is not up to the WHK standard of excellence.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:47 pm
The guy does have a stylin' hat, but I would say it is not up to the WHK standard of excellence.
I wouldn't be caught dead in that hat. No offense. Just saying.