The Opening ... pop that tin or jar weekend

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Since I like a tin with some age to breathe a little bit before actually smoking, I popped Cairo open last night (technically this morning if you stick to the hands on the clock) Wow is all I can say. Smells like I made a good choice picking it as the one to open
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

The weather turned on me. Cold, dark, barely 40, woke up to that with an open window as yesterday warmed up out of the 30's and was probably pushing 80 degrees. Pulled out a tin of Best Bayou Slices to open but that's a warm weather smoke. Had to put on my winter jacket today and I'm doing drywall this weekend. Seems a waste to crack into it right now.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

It doesnt have to be a tin . it could be something jarred that you've held up on opening . we could all die tonight ... Free the blend for enjoyment , as you may never get to it again. :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 pm It doesnt have to be a tin . it could be something jarred that you've held up on opening . we could all die tonight ... Free the blend for enjoyment , as you may never get to it again. :)
We're only going to die once so live while we can!
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ive given it some thought ... And there's like 10 things id lovee to pop .. Lol

Ive got some well aged Ogdens Walnut that I haven't opened in a time . Ive got some MB Latakia discs id love to pop . Some well aged players Navy flake . a little chunk of Warrior Plug that is worthy of crying over . some 1945 Edgeworth and others ... Gonna be a tuff choice
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

What say ye tomorrow ...

Pictures please ... Videos if you're feeling voyeuristic !

If any one has Smell O Vision .. That would be awesone
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:02 pm The weather turned on me. Cold, dark, barely 40, woke up to that with an open window as yesterday warmed up out of the 30's and was probably pushing 80 degrees. Pulled out a tin of Best Bayou Slices to open but that's a warm weather smoke. Had to put on my winter jacket today and I'm doing drywall this weekend. Seems a waste to crack into it right now.
Gotta take a break from drywall
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:02 pm The weather turned on me. Cold, dark, barely 40, woke up to that with an open window as yesterday warmed up out of the 30's and was probably pushing 80 degrees. Pulled out a tin of Best Bayou Slices to open but that's a warm weather smoke. Had to put on my winter jacket today and I'm doing drywall this weekend. Seems a waste to crack into it right now.
I'm not a fan at all at hanging drywall, but I do love slinging mud! Have fun with that!
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I have a vaulted jar of Sam Gawiths Bracken Flake that I think I can open for a split second for this event. 2 flakes only, it has to last me a lifetime or until I can find some more which seems not likely to happen.
The Troll Whisperer
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:37 pm
I'm not a fan at all at hanging drywall, but I do love slinging mud! Have fun with that!
Me neither! Three walls and a ceiling but it's a small room, I have trouble turning down work. I'll be on the water though, nice scenery and an empty house to make noise in.