Sir Walter Raleigh and Sir walter Raleigh Aromatic

Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:30 am

Whalehead King wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:23 pm
OfPipeAndPen wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:45 pm

I need to read more @Whalehead King posts, where are you?! You may be the Bill Walton of pipe tobacco - I haven't been this entertained by a tobacco review... ever! :buddy:
Seldom seen in the pipe-related threads, nowadays, this man of mystery tends to haunt the "Off Topic" forum but even then he isn't spotted as often as he used to be. Why? Rumors persist regarding his whereabouts and what missions he is undertaking. He pays these homespun conspiracy theories no mind. The facts are nobody's business but his own. ;)

Raconteur Extraordinaire, Machine Made Cigar Connoisseur Supreme, Professor Basket Pipe, SWR, Jr.-----, WK goes by many monikers as he spans the spectrum of his interests and shares his eclectic tastes and off-kilter options. With charity toward all and malice toward none, friend of the friendless, WK pops up when least expected like a lazy breeze on a fetid summer day. People ask bemusedly, "Where did that come from?" And, then, once again, he is gone.

Poet, scholar, hotelier, weaver of whimsy, and confabulator without peer, a flaneur by profession and a man-about-New Orleans, his life is more boring than yours. Close your eyes. Light a tightly packed bowl of M79 in a Medico pipe with a stinger. If you are lucky, WK will appear. If he doesn't, you'll still have a tasty smoke in your hand and on your palette.

A tip of my fedora your way, OPP. Like what you smoke and love what you like. I'm not naughty by nature but I like your initials. WK is down with you.

That teepee shaped Motel was awesome! It was the last piece of 60's design in that area. I used to go there just to look at it,. It's a shame the family sold it after 40 years or so and the new owners tore it down and built a storage space. Newark airport terminals were great too until they remodeled them.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 4):
Fr_TomMr BeardsleyWhalehead KingMiddle Earth
Tsal...
Whalehead King
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:

That teepee shaped Motel was awesome! It was the last piece of 60's design in that area. I used to go there just to look at it,. It's a shame the family sold it after 40 years or so and the new owners tore it down and built a storage space. Newark airport terminals were great too until they remodeled them.
Yo.

Thank you for keeping this discussion real. I really appreciate it and I'm not trying to be funny when I say this. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for the food for thought. You are absolutely right: I wish there were more architecture like that in the world now. America could use a little more googie. :thumbs:
This post by Whalehead King liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyalePeacockMiddle Earth
I run a small hotel in New Orleans. It's in Louisiana, in case you're thinking of another New Orleans I've never heard of.
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:30 pm

Whalehead King wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote:

Yo.

Thank you for keeping this discussion real. I really appreciate it and I'm not trying to be funny when I say this. I really appreciate it.

Thank you for the food for thought. You are absolutely right: I wish there were more architecture like that in the world now. America could use a little more googie. :thumbs:
Word. Lol
There were three hotels with that design in NJ. The Kings Inn and the Ivory Tower which had two locations.
Kings Inn was in the video you posted.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 6):
houtenzielPeacockFr_TomWhalehead KingMr BeardsleyMiddle Earth
Tsal...