Lane BCA , Dark Red .. Captain Black Dark and Smokers Pride Black cavendish

Hitzy

Just mixed some dark red with amphora full aroma...I like it!
Get the mild cherry cav flavor, with some tobacco and nic. It all works very well together.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Bamarick wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 pm
Longshanks wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 am
Bamarick wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:24 am

Where is that tobacconist in PF? I know of the Gatlin-Burlier at the Mountain Mall in G-Burg, but I'm not aware of a good shop in Pigeon Forge.
I apologize for the confusion; and you are correct. We rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge, but our trip to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg ended in a walk across the street to GatlinBurlier.
If you haven't tried it, buy a few ounces of "Cades Cove Cavendish" when you visit the Burlier again, it's a really good smoke. I've bought two pipes there from the displays behind the counter. One is Czech made while the other is from Italy. Was the older gentleman working when you were there? If the shop isn't busy he'll talk your arm off!
Cades Cove sounds like something I'd like. Yes, I bought a pipe there made by a Greek maker named Alexander. Bought it from a friendly 'mature' fellow who looked straight out of the hills.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Bamarick

Longshanks wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:13 am
Bamarick wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:20 pm
Longshanks wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 am

I apologize for the confusion; and you are correct. We rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge, but our trip to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg ended in a walk across the street to GatlinBurlier.
If you haven't tried it, buy a few ounces of "Cades Cove Cavendish" when you visit the Burlier again, it's a really good smoke. I've bought two pipes there from the displays behind the counter. One is Czech made while the other is from Italy. Was the older gentleman working when you were there? If the shop isn't busy he'll talk your arm off!
Cades Cove sounds like something I'd like. Yes, I bought a pipe there made by a Greek maker named Alexander. Bought it from a friendly 'mature' fellow who looked straight out of the hills.

If that is the older Gentleman then that's the guy and quite the character he is indeed. Most likely the wife & I will be going to PF in early December "to see the lights". I plan on going to the Burlier and getting another few ounces of the Cades Cove. I bought another mix of theirs on our last trip which is called "Mountain Mall Mix". It has a taste that makes me think of floor sweepings when I smoke it :buddy: I'll finish the couple ounces I have, but no more of that mess, however, it must appeal to some as they sell it and have it already weighed up in bags. While we're in the Mountain Mall a trip to the Pepper Palace is always in order. They sure do have some fine Hot Sauces!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Bamarick

Hey Longshanks, I've just noticed that you're in Kentucky. My son lives up your way, and get this, in a converted Tobacco Barn :lol: It's a nice place on 2 acres about a half mile from the Rough River.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Bamarick wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:58 am Hey Longshanks, I've just noticed that you're in Kentucky. My son lives up your way, and get this, in a converted Tobacco Barn :lol: It's a nice place on 2 acres about a half mile from the Rough River.
Sounds like my kind of place. The ol' lady is hooked on "keeping up with the Jones" so we're in an overpriced subdivision with no real land or privacy.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

So , its no secret I dig Smokers Pride Black Cavendish .. but heres a " secret " I just noticed myself recently about it . When you get to the bottom of the bag , like say the last half oz , the flavor of the blend goes a bit here and there , meaning it will taste like normal but then it will have a freaky different taste , then normal again , then something else , then back ... etc ..
Its like whatever flavorings they use in it become separated a bit toward the end , instead of a more singular flavor which is more usual . The cut at the bottom is more " shake like " , for lack of a better term from the old days , and that probably has something to do with it
I noticed it a little while back but didnt put my finger on it till a couple days ago through to today . Its like 99 % of the bag is a chic you know , then that stuff at the bottom is her freak side

Anyway , not a secret but just an out loud mental note . The different flavor change up isnt bad , it just threw me off . Ill finish that bag off tomorrow and by sunday .... pop a new fresh bag . Ya gotta earn the bottom of the bag to get that freaky chic thing at the end :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.