Lane BCA , Dark Red .. Captain Black Dark and Smokers Pride Black cavendish

Bamarick

Billy Joe wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:21 pm Love both the BCA and the Dark Red.

BCA is my favorite thing to add to OTC'S to get something different. Thinking of doing the same with some Dark Red.
I mixed 2oz of BCA with a Pouch of Carter Hall. The blend is making for a very pleasant smoke.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ive been going pretty strong with Dark Red for a little while now . It and MB 7 seas red are in contention for my aro go to belnd
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Hitzy

I like to switch from 1Q to BCA when I need a break... can't stick with it too long, as it is almost like smoking air despite the thick heavy smoke, very cool and clean. To me it's a vanilla topping that I taste, smells a bit like toasted marshmallows.
For whatever reason, I can smoke bulk Lane but not the CB pouch...1Q and CB Royal are supposed to be the same, but I guess it's the high level PG in the pouches that kill my nose, throat, and lungs. Allergic, I dunno, but I can smoke 1Q all day and CB Royal has me hacking after 1 bowl.
I do have 8oz of dark red coming this week which I'm more excited about now after your review. Anything "cherry" seems to be a love/hate thing, at least the reviews I've read, but dark red always gets the thumbs up everywhere.
Also grabbed a 4nogs aero sampler to try, guess I'll review it since I don't see anything here yet.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Hitzy wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:16 pm I like to switch from 1Q to BCA when I need a break... can't stick with it too long, as it is almost like smoking air despite the thick heavy smoke, very cool and clean. To me it's a vanilla topping that I taste, smells a bit like toasted marshmallows.
For whatever reason, I can smoke bulk Lane but not the CB pouch...1Q and CB Royal are supposed to be the same, but I guess it's the high level PG in the pouches that kill my nose, throat, and lungs. Allergic, I dunno, but I can smoke 1Q all day and CB Royal has me hacking after 1 bowl.
I do have 8oz of dark red coming this week which I'm more excited about now after your review. Anything "cherry" seems to be a love/hate thing, at least the reviews I've read, but dark red always gets the thumbs up everywhere.
Also grabbed a 4nogs aero sampler to try, guess I'll review it since I don't see anything here yet.
If for some crazy reason you hate it , I'll trade you for it . Im more a Sutliff bulk fan because their flavorings are masterful ... and I should be a huge Lane dude , being they are located in Georgia . However , this Lane Dark Red is masterful . Lane is doing so damn good with blends lately , especially the OTC they snagged . Anyone that enjoys Dark Red would really like Sutliff Cherry Bon Bon , which is a horrible sounding blend .. lol .. but the Dark Red is very similar to it , in that it isnt heavily cherry flavored and te black cavendish is very cool smoking
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

+1 on the Dark Red. It was recommended by a tobacconist in Pigeon Forge, TN and I was given a sample. I ended up buying something like 24 oz. :P
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Hitzy

I got the Dark Red yesterday, and a 4nogs aero sampler...with give a review of the sampler as I get to each one. Dark Red will be in the bowl after supper tonight, smells great!
Bamarick

Longshanks wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:30 am +1 on the Dark Red. It was recommended by a tobacconist in Pigeon Forge, TN and I was given a sample. I ended up buying something like 24 oz. :P
Where is that tobacconist in PF? I know of the Gatlin-Burlier at the Mountain Mall in G-Burg, but I'm not aware of a good shop in Pigeon Forge.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Hitzy

Smoking the Dark Red now...I think I like it better then BCA, definitely a keeper!
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Bamarick wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:24 am
Longshanks wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:30 am +1 on the Dark Red. It was recommended by a tobacconist in Pigeon Forge, TN and I was given a sample. I ended up buying something like 24 oz. :P
Where is that tobacconist in PF? I know of the Gatlin-Burlier at the Mountain Mall in G-Burg, but I'm not aware of a good shop in Pigeon Forge.
I apologize for the confusion; and you are correct. We rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge, but our trip to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg ended in a walk across the street to GatlinBurlier.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Bamarick

Longshanks wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 am
Bamarick wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:24 am
I apologize for the confusion; and you are correct. We rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge, but our trip to Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg ended in a walk across the street to GatlinBurlier.
If you haven't tried it, buy a few ounces of "Cades Cove Cavendish" when you visit the Burlier again, it's a really good smoke. I've bought two pipes there from the displays behind the counter. One is Czech made while the other is from Italy. Was the older gentleman working when you were there? If the shop isn't busy he'll talk your arm off!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!