Match Sugar Barrel-P&C

rekamepip
Codger in Training

I bought some of this back when the original SB was going out not quite the same as with the other match blends of the time being walnut and others

Not bad but not the same not really a match blend imho

I’ve since re opened a few of these match blends and revisited them

After 4-5 years later the match blends do smooth out the rough edges and I found that a couple of these match blends are really good ( the prince alert match and carter hall match too)

So if you got time space and money to sit on them for years and years then go for it
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:55 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:20 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:06 pm
This GIF turns my stomach.
Patrick's stomach makes the gif. : )
I can't give you a like on this post. All I can think of is this: :barf:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

rekamepip wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:07 pm I bought some of this back when the original SB was going out not quite the same as with the other match blends of the time being walnut and others

Not bad but not the same not really a match blend imho

I’ve since re opened a few of these match blends and revisited them

After 4-5 years later the match blends do smooth out the rough edges and I found that a couple of these match blends are really good ( the prince alert match and carter hall match too)

So if you got time space and money to sit on them for years and years then go for it
I still have a tub of the original SB. I'm visiting with a fellow pipe smoker this weekend so I'll ask him how he feels about it. He is full of opinions. I must not like it very much because it must be, what? eight years old?

I have a tub of Walnut, too from the same time frame. I must not like that very much either because I am never tempted to open it. It just sits its shelf.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.