A run down on the MB 7 Seas line

Whalehead King

Legion wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:08 am That's a handy review Ruff. I've got a 100g tin of 7 Seas Red on the way. Sounds nice.

I also ordered a 100g tin of 7 Seas Royal Blend. Both sounded rather tasty.
I like the red. It's not too cherry. It has a nice balance to it. And, no, I didn't just read what I wrote before. That's what came to mind when I learned Legion wanted to try 7 Seas Red. I'm consistent. :king:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Legion wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:08 am That's a handy review Ruff. I've got a 100g tin of 7 Seas Red on the way. Sounds nice.

Well , i hope you at least like them . They're good cavendish blends . The red is my favorite of the line , and like @whaleheadking said .... it's the balance that is exceptional . I smoked the regular today at work.... its gooood .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Legion

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Well , i hope you at least like them . They're good cavendish blends . The red is my favorite of the line , and like @whaleheadking said .... it's the balance that is exceptional . I smoked the regular today at work.... its gooood .
Both tins arrived today. :clap: I keep meaning to crack a tin open but I've been smoking Buttered Rum (that also arrived today) that I mixed 60/40 with Windsail & I'm enjoying it so much in my new MM Diplomat that I can't put it down, lol.

When I get around to it I'll let you know what I think.
Legion

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:46 pm

When I first opened the Red, I didn't like the aroma at first. It's not a typical cherry aroma. You're right, there's something else there that I can't identify either.
Coming back to it tonight, the tin aroma is still a bit odd (for a cherry) but I'm warming to it.

Smoking the first bowl the other day in my Grabow, I wasn't too fussed & intended to hide it in the back of the cupboard. But tonight I thought I'd give it a proper go & try it in my MM cob (that's all but lost the veg taste of a new cob) It's weird that now I don't mind it. In fact I think that I like it.
It's odd how it's improved to my taste just over a couple of days. The baccy itself couldn't have changed in that time in a closed tin.

It is a very mild cherry aromatic & I can see how it could be an all day smoke for those who really like it.
Legion

The 7Seas Red is interesting. Having other tobaccos I ignored this one for a while.
When I first opened the tin, the cherry smell was sour like a maraschino cherry. Coming back to it a few months later it seems to have mellowed. I like this one a lot.

The 7Seas Royal is so nice that I smoked several bowls in one day. It doesn't give me tongue bite per se but rather, it scorches my tongue after a while. I went to bed with a scorched tongue, awoke with a scorched tongue & it took 3 days to recover.
It's a shame because I could smoke this all day. What I did find is that I could smoke one or two bowls a day without any aggravation to my tongue.
Hitzy

These are the kind of reviews I like...meat and potatoes reviews.
When I'm checking out online reviews of different blends at different shops, and have to sift through dozens of these "it reminds me of a time long ago, in a galaxy far far away, like a musty cabin in the woods by a swamp full of hemlock trees, with a half empty bag of pears and my dog Lucky sleeping peacefully by my side"...THAT TELLS ME NOTHING ABOUT THE TOBACCO!!! lol.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 pm
Ill never figure out what the hell this movie is " saying " .. Maybe if I smoked a Danish styled testicle shaped pipe , id be enlightened .. but that will never happen
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Puff nstuff

The movie means 'intriguing, successful businessmen who smoke MacBaren blends get wake up next to sexy, younger women and enjoy their pipe in their fancy hotel room while daydreaming about sexy younger women frolicking in nature.'

Don't you want to be that guy? It's that simple.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪