Daughters and Ryan "English Hoopla"

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:27 pm Of all the blending houses out there , D&R is my least favorite . Th term sub par comes to mind [ just my opinion of course ] .
Ha! More Picayune for me...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fr_Tom wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:14 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:27 pm Of all the blending houses out there , D&R is my least favorite . Th term sub par comes to mind [ just my opinion of course ] .
Ha! More Picayune for me...
Enjoy :facepalm:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Bamarick

I've now smoked two bowls of the Hoopla mixed with Peter Stokkebye Black Cavendish. All I can say is that I wasted the Cavendish cause this stuff is just plain raunchy.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
CoreyR
Founding Member

I hate to say it but everything I have had, by D&R, has struck me as nothing but glorified roll up cigarette tobacco.
I do hope that they keep trying . Perhaps, one day they will get it right.
Bamarick

CoreyR wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:38 am I hate to say it but everything I have had, by D&R, has struck me as nothing but glorified roll up cigarette tobacco.
I'm going to take your word on that statement and avoid them from this point on. I have jarred the Hoopla and cellered, it as some say, although I don't have a cellar hoping that it might mellow out in a few years :roll:
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
CoreyR
Founding Member

Bamarick wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:32 am
CoreyR wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:38 am I hate to say it but everything I have had, by D&R, has struck me as nothing but glorified roll up cigarette tobacco.
I'm going to take your word on that statement and avoid them from this point on. I have jarred the Hoopla and cellered, it as some say, although I don't have a cellar hoping that it might mellow out in a few years :roll:
Keep in mind, that is how the tobacco has struck ME. Others may love it. I;ve met the folks from this company, at the Raleigh show, and they struck me as nice people. I just cannot bring myself to like any of the tobaccos they have come out with yet. As I've said, they have all seemed, to me, like cigarette tobacco, pretending to be pipe tobacco.
I'm trying to keep an open mind though.