Meer cleaning

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I had some estates that had years of grime. I used a toothbrush and soapy water to clean off the grime before waxing them. I gave them away last year, and I can't remember who got them. This seemed to work well, and presumably they are still in service and smoking well.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Bamarick

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:12 pm I had some estates that had years of grime. I used a toothbrush and soapy water to clean off the grime before waxing them. I gave them away last year, and I can't remember who got them. This seemed to work well, and presumably they are still in service and smoking well.
Fr Tom I was the recipient of one of the Meers you gave away and yes, it's a good smoker. I got it out to smoke today, but I wound up with the Ehrlich instead. It'll see use tomorrow if I'm still among the living.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Stay with us, Rick!
Bamarick

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:02 pm Stay with us, Rick!
LOL, I'm planning on it!
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bamarick wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:01 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:12 pm I had some estates that had years of grime. I used a toothbrush and soapy water to clean off the grime before waxing them. I gave them away last year, and I can't remember who got them. This seemed to work well, and presumably they are still in service and smoking well.
Fr Tom I was the recipient of one of the Meers you gave away and yes, it's a good smoker. I got it out to smoke today, but I wound up with the Ehrlich instead. It'll see use tomorrow if I'm still among the living.
That pipe does look familiar now that you post a picture. I am glad it is still in service!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017