Stem replacement?

Jlando19

So I wrote the president of S.M. Frank Co. & Inc. The company that now owns Kaywoodie and this was his response. I figured some of you might find it interesting.
This post by Jlando19 liked by (total 4):
HoutenzielThelonious monkfishMikeDennisonHawkwood
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Top notch. I love when companies are like this.
This post by Houtenziel liked by (total 4):
Jlando19WildcatThelonious monkfishMikeDennison
---------------------------------------------------------
“A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.”
― C.S. Lewis
Wildcat

Houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:43 pm Top notch. I love when companies are like this.
Bill is terrific. For a time the DGCF gave birth to the KWCF and Bill was very informative and friendly and helpful. I stopped picking up KWs off of eBay, not because I don't like them, but because I'm a clipper. All but 2 of my KWs are neutered. One is a 4 hole. First pipe I ever restored... Everything but the stem that is. There's a bite through on the bottom side of the stem/button. I cover ut with a softy.

Back to Bill, I made it a point to buy some new YBs off of WV Smokeshop to support Bill and his company. Good smokers!
This post by Wildcat liked by (total 3):
Jlando19Thelonious monkfishMikeDennison
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Jlando19

Wildcat wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:15 pm
Houtenziel wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:43 pm Top notch. I love when companies are like this.
Bill is terrific. For a time the DGCF gave birth to the KWCF and Bill was very informative and friendly and helpful. I stopped picking up KWs off of eBay, not because I don't like them, but because I'm a clipper. All but 2 of my KWs are neutered. One is a 4 hole. First pipe I ever restored... Everything but the stem that is. There's a bite through on the bottom side of the stem/button. I cover ut with a softy.

Back to Bill, I made it a point to buy some new YBs off of WV Smokeshop to support Bill and his company. Good smokers!
Help me out here. What does DGCF and KWCF stand for? Also the same Bill I spoke to here owns WV Smokeshop?

Thanks in advance!
This post by Jlando19 liked by (total 3):
Thelonious monkfishWildcatMikeDennison
Thelonious monkfish

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:45 pm Help me out here. What does DGCF and KWCF stand for? Also the same Bill I spoke to here owns WV Smokeshop?

Thanks in advance!
Dr. Grabow Collector's Forum and Kaywoodie. Yello Bole is produced by KW, not sure who owns WV Smokeshop.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 3):
WildcatJlando19MikeDennison
Wildcat

No, Bill doesn't own WVSShop. However, they were for a time, as far as I know, the only place that sold new KWs and YBs and other SM Frank lines.

That said, WVSShop is a terrific place to shop. Real customer service, super nice over the phone and/or via email.

Back to Bill, didn't he also help with a POY at the old PSF? I'm sure he did. I bought one and later sold it :roll:
Jlando19Thelonious monkfishMikeDennison
Jlando19

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:31 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:45 pm Help me out here. What does DGCF and KWCF stand for? Also the same Bill I spoke to here owns WV Smokeshop?

Thanks in advance!
Dr. Grabow Collector's Forum and Kaywoodie. Yello Bole is produced by KW, not sure who owns WV Smokeshop.
Going to check them out now.
This post by Jlando19 liked by (total 2):
Thelonious monkfishMikeDennison
Wildcat

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:55 pm Going to check them out now.
👍👍👍
Thelonious monkfishJlando19MikeDennison
Grumpynuts

There's a repairman in Omaha, NE that works for Ted's Tobacco who does outstanding work at reasonable prices. https://www.yelp.com/biz/teds-tobacco-omaha
New ownership since this summer.
This post by Grumpynuts liked by (total 2):
Dr UhahaMikeDennison
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Grumpynuts wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:45 pm There's a repairman in Omaha, NE that works for Ted's Tobacco who does outstanding work at reasonable prices. https://www.yelp.com/biz/teds-tobacco-omaha
New ownership since this summer.
Now why didn't I choose the name 'Grumpynuts'?!
Welcome to PSF!
Claypril™ Ambassador