I need a stem.

User avatar
Maynard
Active Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:36 pm
Location: East Tennessee

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:01 pm

I found this pipe in a drawer at my dads it looks as this pipe was not used much I’m guessing he broke the stem shortly after he got it, it’s an Alpha Nobility made in IsraelImageif anyone can recommend a good stem maker I would have it done.
This post by Maynard liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonThelonious monkfishBruyere_Royale
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Maynard wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:01 pm
I found this pipe in a drawer at my dads it looks as this pipe was not used much I’m guessing he broke the stem shortly after he got it, it’s an Alpha Nobility made in IsraelImageif anyone can recommend a good stem maker I would have it done.
I think most people recommend walker briar works for resto / repair
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
MikeDennisonMaynardThelonious monkfish
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1268
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:29 pm

I'll recommend Mr. Cook, he has a site now, Anthony does great work. If your not too particular and just want a stem on it why not pick up a Freehand blank? A little bit of work but just a few bucks cost.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 3):
MaynardhoutenzielMikeDennison
User avatar
Maynard
Active Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:36 pm
Location: East Tennessee

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:30 pm

ImageFound! Stem was in a cigar box.
This post by Maynard liked by (total 9):
Thelonious monkfishhoutenzielIslayphileMr BeardsleyFr_TomMikeDennisonBruyere_RoyaleLongshanksavid
User avatar
Thelonious monkfish
Senior Member
Posts: 1268
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:38 pm

Very nice!
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 2):
MaynardMikeDennison
User avatar
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:16 am

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:50 pm

Great find! That's a very good looking pipe
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
MaynardMikeDennison
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 6548
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 am

I will admit a little jealously. I wish I had one of my father's pipes.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 4):
MaynardMikeDennisonBruyere_RoyaleLongshanks
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Maynard
Active Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:36 pm
Location: East Tennessee

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:17 am

Fr_Tom wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 am
I will admit a little jealously. I wish I had one of my father's pipes.
I used to buy him a pipe every year for Father’s Day there was a B&M in the town I lived in and I’m very fortunate to have some of those along with his Kaywoodies that he loved ,as his mind started to go he would give one away if someone complimented on it , same as with pocket knife’s but that must have made him happy.
This post by Maynard liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonMr Beardsley
User avatar
Fr_Tom
Chaplain
Posts: 6548
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:44 pm
Location: Diocese of Northern Indiana

Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:21 am

Maynard wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:17 am
Fr_Tom wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 am
I will admit a little jealously. I wish I had one of my father's pipes.
I used to buy him a pipe every year for Father’s Day there was a B&M in the town I lived in and I’m very fortunate to have some of those along with his Kaywoodies that he loved ,as his mind started to go he would give one away if someone complimented on it , same as with pocket knife’s but that must have made him happy.
We did not buy my father pipes. All he ever wanted was handkerchiefs and pipe cleaners. He was one of those guys with just a few pipes. There was a spare on the mantle, and the one in his mouth. He would keep a beater in the glove box of the car or in the fishing tackle box.
This post by Fr_Tom liked by (total 2):
MikeDennisonMaynard
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
User avatar
Maynard
Active Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:36 pm
Location: East Tennessee

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:33 am

My dad was a college professor back then I think they thought of them as part of their wardrobe lol.
This post by Maynard liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleMr Beardsley
Post Reply