I need a stem.

Maynard

I found this pipe in a drawer at my dads it looks as this pipe was not used much I’m guessing he broke the stem shortly after he got it, it’s an Alpha Nobility made in IsraelImageif anyone can recommend a good stem maker I would have it done.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Maynard wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:01 pm I found this pipe in a drawer at my dads it looks as this pipe was not used much I’m guessing he broke the stem shortly after he got it, it’s an Alpha Nobility made in IsraelImageif anyone can recommend a good stem maker I would have it done.
I think most people recommend walker briar works for resto / repair
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I'll recommend Mr. Cook, he has a site now, Anthony does great work. If your not too particular and just want a stem on it why not pick up a Freehand blank? A little bit of work but just a few bucks cost.
Maynard

ImageFound! Stem was in a cigar box.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Very nice!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Great find! That's a very good looking pipe
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I will admit a little jealously. I wish I had one of my father's pipes.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Maynard

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 am I will admit a little jealously. I wish I had one of my father's pipes.
I used to buy him a pipe every year for Father’s Day there was a B&M in the town I lived in and I’m very fortunate to have some of those along with his Kaywoodies that he loved ,as his mind started to go he would give one away if someone complimented on it , same as with pocket knife’s but that must have made him happy.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Maynard wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:17 am
Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:09 am I will admit a little jealously. I wish I had one of my father's pipes.
I used to buy him a pipe every year for Father’s Day there was a B&M in the town I lived in and I’m very fortunate to have some of those along with his Kaywoodies that he loved ,as his mind started to go he would give one away if someone complimented on it , same as with pocket knife’s but that must have made him happy.
We did not buy my father pipes. All he ever wanted was handkerchiefs and pipe cleaners. He was one of those guys with just a few pipes. There was a spare on the mantle, and the one in his mouth. He would keep a beater in the glove box of the car or in the fishing tackle box.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Maynard

My dad was a college professor back then I think they thought of them as part of their wardrobe lol.