Rat Rod, Rat Woodie.

Bigflo

Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:45 pm

I just recently tried Murphy’s oil soap on a old beater I was experimenting on it stripped the finish all the way to bare briar I was shocked
This post by Bigflo liked by (total 2):
Bruyere_RoyaleRuffinogold
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:01 am

I think you folks that are stripping lacquer and shellac finishes with Murphys may need to check out this picture. It's supposed to be cut with water lol
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Bruyere_RoyaleBigflohoutenziel
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:05 am

Mr Beardsley wrote:
I think you folks that are stripping lacquer and shellac finishes with Murphys may need to check out this picture. It's supposed to be cut with water lol
Everywhere that I've read or watched videos on restoration or cleaning pipes mentions nothing about cutting it with water. It worked great for what I was trying to achieve.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 2):
BigfloMr Beardsley
Tsal... 🎳 Zesty flavorful adventure in pipe smoking...
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:48 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:05 am
Mr Beardsley wrote:
Everywhere that I've read or watched videos on restoration or cleaning pipes mentions nothing about cutting it with water. It worked great for what I was trying to achieve.
It definitely did exactly what you wanted it to do and got great results . But some folks aren't anticipating it lifting the finish and need to step on it with water lol
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 2):
houtenzielBruyere_Royale
Not the brightest bulb in the fixture ;)
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Bigflo wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:45 pm
I just recently tried Murphy’s oil soap on a old beater I was experimenting on it stripped the finish all the way to bare briar I was shocked
I wouldntg use oil soap on a pipe other than one with a lacquered finish . Even a lacquered pipe , unless its super dirty , should only require a damp cloth to clean it
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "