Old Boy Clone

Tsal
Forum Decorum

mrpipster wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:44 pm
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:50 pm Buy a real one.
I wish. Way to expensive.
You will end up spending the money on something else you don't need. Corona's are nice.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Look into the Dissim lighter. Think it's under $50 and has an angled flame
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Someone gave me a 150 dollar gift card for Amazon.. I've wanted this for a while so I used the entire 150 on this lighter that I would not normally get for myself. :clap:
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
ironclad

mrpipster wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:48 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm How likely are you to lose it? That's why I stick to buying the plainest zippos, less than 20 bucks. I misplace everything. This lighter meets the price point but if it's a piece of junk (spoiler alert) your money is better spent in your pocket. This is just one man's humble opinion. I don't think you're going to buy it, otherwise, you wouldn't be asking----you would have bought it by now. Trust your gut.
I cant do the Zippo Taste. :barf:
I knew a guy that made his own lighter fluid that didn't have that taste. I don't remember what he used in the recipe other than naphtha but you might find something on the Intertubes.
Mischief managed.
Silver
Certified Codger

ironclad wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:04 pm
mrpipster wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:48 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm How likely are you to lose it? That's why I stick to buying the plainest zippos, less than 20 bucks. I misplace everything. This lighter meets the price point but if it's a piece of junk (spoiler alert) your money is better spent in your pocket. This is just one man's humble opinion. I don't think you're going to buy it, otherwise, you wouldn't be asking----you would have bought it by now. Trust your gut.
I cant do the Zippo Taste. :barf:
I knew a guy that made his own lighter fluid that didn't have that taste. I don't remember what he used in the recipe other than naphtha but you might find something on the Intertubes.
That sounds safe!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Chef Benny wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:09 pm Image

Someone gave me a 150 dollar gift card for Amazon.. I've wanted this for a while so I used the entire 150 on this lighter that I would not normally get for myself. :clap:
Nice choice! You'll feel all sophisticated now when you fire up! My Old Boy stays home now when I go to work, I've dropped it too many times getting out of my truck.
The Troll Whisperer
Puff nstuff

I have one of these, a Vertigo Puffer. Works great, looks good, refillable, reliable, not expensive, comes with tools. What more could you need?

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/vertig ... s/1476532/
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ronv69
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:52 pm I have one of these, a Vertigo Puffer. Works great, looks good, refillable, reliable, not expensive, comes with tools. What more could you need?

I've gone through 4 of those. They eventually get clogged and I can't make them work again. I use the same premium butane as I use in my Pipemaster, which just keeps on working.
God and Texas!
Puff nstuff

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:00 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:52 pm I have one of these, a Vertigo Puffer. Works great, looks good, refillable, reliable, not expensive, comes with tools. What more could you need?

I've gone through 4 of those. They eventually get clogged and I can't make them work again. I use the same premium butane as I use in my Pipemaster, which just keeps on working.
Interesting; I have not experienced that yet. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:55 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:00 pm

Interesting; I have not experienced that yet. We'll see how it goes, I guess.
Smoke more.
The Troll Whisperer