Man Caves

Riff89

So... I found an old thread about this but hell why not start a new one anyway. Man caves are great I’ve never had one until now and I love it. Mine is smoker friendly if you ask me my wife disagrees but I digress. I posted a thread about taxidermy recently and this is their new home. The man cave caused quite a bit of turmoil at first but... I didn’t give in and now she can see the value in me having a little place for my shit. Anyway I won’t bore you about all that crap here are a couple of pictures of my smoking room. Show me what yours looks like. ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jlando19

I'm envious man! My fiance and I have been talking about buying a house and I'm not budging on needing a shop/cave of my own.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I haven't ever had a mancave, maybe someday but since I never plan to move again until my Final Reward, I doubt it. lol Until then I just have to spread my stuff all over the house! You have carved out a nice place to go and relax, Kyle.I didn't see the TV right off, but I'mnot as sharp as I used to be. The game table is cool, too!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Middle Earth

Mine is a work in progress
For now it is the garage which has some radient floor heating that bleeds off from the house and keeps it 40° plus even in the brutal, for me, polar sucktex weather that is hitting us hard here in the Ozarks

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Can you provide a close up of the Huckleberry Finn lamp? I'd like to see more of that before I weigh in. I had to go back and study the photos because KK liked the game table. I didn't remember seeing a foosball table or air hockey, or bumper pool, so I scrolled through all the photos again. The game table is a table with a cribbage board on it. How cool would it be to have an Atari Pong table? That could provide hours and hours of enjoyment for both one player or two.

If it isn't too much trouble, can you provide a close up of that lamp?

I promise to take some pictures of my cluttered fire trap and post them tomorrow or the next day. My pad is like Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum, here, another dimension where the normal rules of physics don't apply------except it's just a one-room shed in my back yard and not a mysterious mansion in Greenwich Village.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

So... the huckleberry Finn lamp was something my great grandmother painted in ceramics class who knows when. My grandfather thought my son would like it since he loves fishing my son liked it until it was in his bedroom at night staring at him it freaked him out so it went down in the basement when I was cleaning this room out I found it and said to myself you don’t scare me you sunuvabitch! He is pretty creepy lol. ImageImage
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Riff89 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:34 pm So... the huckleberry Finn lamp was something my great grandmother painted in ceramics class who knows when. My grandfather thought my son would like it since he loves fishing my son liked it until it was in his bedroom at night staring at him it freaked him out so it went down in the basement when I was cleaning this room out I found it and said to myself you don’t scare me you sunuvabitch! He is pretty creepy lol. ImageImage
Thank you.

It's the hair. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Riff89

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:38 pm I haven't ever had a mancave, maybe someday but since I never plan to move again until my Final Reward, I doubt it. lol Until then I just have to spread my stuff all over the house! You have carved out a nice place to go and relax, Kyle.I didn't see the TV right off, but I'mnot as sharp as I used to be. The game table is cool, too!
Thanks Kevin, The table was a charitable donation from a buddy of mine. His only request was that he gets first game of cribbage. The neighbor already wants to come over for coffee and a cigar so I’ll have to hide the cribbage board and put chutes and ladders out. He was curious about my pipes so maybe I can turn him into a pipe man? Which reminds me I need to grab a few cobs for just that purpose.