My Pipe Roll

Wildcrow
Founding Member

Ncrobb put me to the task when he showed me his pipe roll, and I can say that I'm proud of it. It's the second thing I've ever made with leather and it's about to get a ton of use. Without further adieu...

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I think that rocks ! I can only do stuff with wood and I'm limited in my building abilities compared to what my mind can come up with , which frustrates the hell out of me . I'm a wicked finisher but cant make a whole lot very well . Its nice to get something in your head and then make it and you did that .Thats what its all about , man :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

That roll is awesome. Great work!
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Nice, work, man. Dig it. I've had a design in mind for years, you may have inspired me to finally try it out.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Nice work Wildcrow. When I get back to NC I’ll dig you up some more “stuff” to work with. I’ll be heading to Nashville the week of July 9th, hopefully we can meet up.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Wooda
Founding Member

Roll looks good.

Thighs need more tanning
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Whalehead King

We'll, not everyone can be a thigh model. ;) I'm sure ladies admire his legs when he's wearing shorts. I wouldn't, but I'm not most ladies.

I don't travel with my pipes. I've gotten a few rolls over the years to support the makers but they just sit in a drawer. I'm an at-home pipe smoker. Since I don't travel much, it makes sense. I hate to go to the other side of town and I'm usually home in time to pack a fresh bowl if I have a hankering.

You've laid out the necessary elements of a practical roll nicely and everything is efficiently placed and admirably stitched. My stitching would be all over the place. It is a beautiful and practical roll. I have no doubt it works better than intended. Well done.

The roll looks great. Your thighs look like they were photoshopped off a picture of a statue of a Greek god. Nice work in all the relevant categories. :king:
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

That's a great looking pipe roll, awesome job!
Bigflo

Awesome looking pipe roll bro great job